Monday, February 25, 2019

Post Valentine's Day

I'd like to say that I haven't been blogging because we've been so busy living a life of glamour and intrigue.  In reality, life has been just regular life without many opportunities for exciting posts. That  leads to boring posts as well as boring titles.  Case in point, the title for this post. 

On Friday, February 15th Spencer got off the bus dressed like this.  He had been at a student council convention that day and his team wore this.  It was hilarious. 

They won a trophy for "best nametag"
Elliott was 7 years 2 months on the 16th.  We talked about taking his picture all day.  Then he went to bed, we remembered, we had to get him up (he hadn't fallen asleep yet), make him change shirts and snap a picture. 


Official.  This is the best we could do under the circumstances. 
On Monday the 18th I took this picture to send to Joni because she had given me this apple.  I had forgotten that though, so I laughed at myself as I was going through pictures for this post.  
My parents gave us their piano on February 19, 2018.  I told them I would get it tuned.  The piano tuner came for the first time on February 19, 2019.  I did not ask permission to take these pictures.  


He said we've got a fabulous little piano here.  
Wednesday the 20th
I have this Peppa Pig set at work.  George is missing.  I can't find him.  I told one of my 2nd graders that I hoped nobody took him.  He told me he thought somebody took George and turned him into bacon.  I was shocked at how quickly that turned very dark. 
The kids were tossing a ball around in the house that afternoon and almost broke something.  Both Michael and I told them to stop throwing balls inside.  They seriously asked where we suggested they play instead.  Um.  How about OUTSIDE.  It was a total revelation to them.  They had never considered such an option. 

AZ was going through a week long cold snap so it was about 50 degrees outside, but they took the ball out there.  Spencer wore shorts and sandals.  


I was going to take a picture of my 2019 calendar each month and share it to the blog.  I forgot for January.  So, on Thursday the 21st I took the January and February pictures.  

Oh Ginger.  I love and miss you so much.  
My friend Laura has discovered this awesome tea that is a local Tucson company.  She sent me a selection, as well as the best tea strainers in the world.  

Friday the 22nd we let Elliott watch Star Wars for the first time.  He really did love it.   

So excited, pre-movie.  

Big brother was not excited about having his picture taken.  


No comments: