Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A weekend to celebrate and swim

Spencer had his first swim meet on Saturday morning, June 17th.  I was the lucky parent that got to take him.  We left the house at 6:30, got to the pool at 6:45, got set up and the meet started at 7:30.

The view from inside out sunshade pop-up tent.
Michael texted around 8:00 and asked how I was doing.

I texted this back.  (shirt edited for internet danger)

And to show how lonely I was when Spencer was gone. 
There were three teams competing. Every kid on each team did backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly and freestyle. 

I left my tent only to cheer Spencer on. 


He came in 5th for backstroke, 4th for breaststroke and 3rd for butterfly and freestyle. 



He would come back and see me after each race to leave his ribbon and then go hang out with his team. 






After the swim meet we went home and then went with Megan, Scott, Hadley and Hollis to a party at their friend's house in Mesa.  I should probably also mention that Megan, Scott, Hadley and Hollis drove from California and arrived at our house on Friday evening to stay with us for the week. 

It was a pool party to celebrate four birthdays.  A two year old, a three year old, a four year old and a 27 year old. 

I stole all of these pictures from Facebook.  I didn't take a single picture there. 



Hollis turning four.

Whitney turning three.

Joe with frosting all over her face, but not celebrating a birthday. 

Ares turning two. 

The next day was Sunday.  Michael did not give me any specifics on how he wanted to celebrate, but he finally mentioned donuts late in the morning.  OK done. 


Then presents.


I told him he looked weird and a bit pervy with the pictures like this.  He didn't really care.

Continuing the Marvel movie collection. 




And a funny t-shirt that is made funnier because it is DC comics and not Marvel. 
Father's Day pictures

Funny first, 

and then serious. 

And then with mom. 

I took Michael that if you shine a black light on the shirt the word "lame" shows up above "DAD.
The rest of the day was spent doing laundry, lounging, I ran some errands, Michael watched a movie, the kids played video games, the kids got put in time out, we had Indian food for dinner, Spencer lost his first molar, we went to Walmart and bought a bunch of big sun umbrellas for a pool deck project we're doing, out for ice cream and swimming in the pool.  And none of that was photographed because it was 115 degrees and my brain melted when I went to Costco. 

No comments: