Thursday, February 7, 2013

Names and Random Catch-Up

The real title of this post is Names, Bed Head, Berry Yogurt Face, Cowboy, More Berry Face, Superbowl, 5 years-5 months and Bedroom Sneak Peek. 
 
But that's kind of wordy, so I edited it.
 
I have been meaning to share this for a long, long time.  I didn't have anything else to blog about tonight, so the timing is perfect. 
 
Look at what I found during the move.  It was my planning worksheet for naming Elliott.  This was before we knew he was a boy.  I actually think it was before we knew for sure that there was only one baby.  That's why there are twin ideas on here.  Yikes.  Can you imagine??  I pretty much knew from the time of the positive pregnancy test that he was a single boy though, which is why Elliott Stephen is right at the top.  I still love that name.  I have had zero name regret with both of my kids.  I can't even imagine Elliott being Cooper.  He is not a Cooper.
This is on the back.  It was my Avon order.  Michael saw this piece of paper tonight and was like, "oh really?  Isn't this a pretty big order?"  I rolled my eyes at him and told him to flip the paper over.  Then I reminded him that I did, in fact, order all of these things almost two years ago.
 
The twinkling snow liquid eyeshadow and the hair caddy are two of my most favorite avon purchases ever.
Elliott has been taking the best naps lately.  I don't even remember the last time he woke up and needed to be rocked back to sleep.  When he sleeps really hardcore he wakes up with the most amazing bed head.  He also wakes up very, very upset and needs to be held for a good 30 minutes before he is comfortable joining the world again.  I took about 96 pictures of his hair last week during our post nap cuddle. 
 

 

 
 Elliott thought his skin was looking a little dull last week so he got a berry yogurt facial.

 
Spencer had cowboy day at school. 
 
We considered sending him with his stick horse, but decided that wasn't the best idea.

 
We did add a last minute mustache.  It was a hit!
We went to Tucson last weekend.  Elliott ate more berries.  He pretty much eats berries at every meal.  His antioxidant levels are off the charts.
 
He looks like he has a pretty serious head wound. 

We spent the first half of the Superbowl at John and Maryellen's.  Elliott spent a lot of time at the door looking for Ginger.  He looks for Ginger everywhere we go- school, the grocery store, restaurants.  He is absolutely obsessed with her.  This is what he says to me every single morning: "mom.  Ginger.  Uh-o".  He is so upset if she is not right there when he wakes up.
We headed over to our house for the second half.  It took less than 3 minutes to get from their living room to ours.  And that includes the time it took to strap Elliott in the car seat.
 
My kids crawled all over Maryellen.
 
Spencer wore the same football shirt for, I think, the 3rd year in a row.
I don't have a picture of him from 2012 because I had a seriously ill newborn, but I'm sure he was wearing it. 
 
This is from 2011. 
Spencer turned 5 years 5 months yesterday.  We have already started talking about his big Golden Birthday party.  He'll be 6 on the 6th this year.  We're having a pool party and I'm doing pizza and salad.  It's going to be awesome.  Throw the kids in the pool.  Let Little Casear's do the food.  Done.
 
And if you're still here, this is your reward for your perseverance.  A sneak peek of the bedrooms.
 
Spencer's outerspace room
 
Elliott's dinosaur room 
 
 They are going to look awesome once we get all the stuff hung up on the wall.
 
We're buying poster frames this weekend (we've been waiting for them to go on sale and they are buy one get one free starting on Sunday), but we have to wait THREE WEEKS for the paint to dry to hang their wallies.
 
Planets for Spencer
 
 
Dinosaurs for Elliott

 
I also reeeeeeally want to buy area rugs for their rooms, but they are so dang expensive.  

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh, I love the catch up post...and your humor of course! Was the baby name list for me and Megan? Haha! I see that you stuck with the 7 letter criteria for both first and middle name...someone else is a little OCD too I think! Hehe! I am actually going in ascending order as Evan has 4 letters, Brody has 5, and the new baby will have 6 letters. It actually wasn't planned, but it may be some OCD sneaking in. Elliott, your bedhead is the best! Spencer, enjoy these special last days of preschool, buddy! I miss those dress up days with Evan -- I guess they don't do as much of that in elementary school. I love both of their rooms...dinosaurs and space are our favorites! ;-)

Valerie said...

Elliott has the most epic bed head ever. I'm so glad you posted pictures of their rooms...they are both amazing rooms!!!!!!