Friday, February 22, 2013

97 cents and a pizza

When we were in Tucson last weekend I went to the mall to get my hair cut and eyebrows waxed.  It has been an embarassingly long time since I got my eyebrows waxed.  Embarassing in a before Spencer was born kind of way.
 
After I was done at the salon I went into Old Navy to see if they had cute Easter outfits for the boys.  They didn't, but I did find and buy a 97 cent dress.
 
Can you believe it?
 
I don't even like it.  It's kind of blobby and ugly.  I plan on sleeping in it or using it as a bathing suit cover up.  But 97 cents?  I couldn't say no.

 
I paid with a $2 bill and got change.  That is amazing! 
On a totally unrelated note, I made a 2 ingredient pizza crust last night.  It was 1 cup of self rising flour and 1 cup of plain yogurt.  Mix together and then knead with extra flour for 5 minutes.
 
We didn't have mozzarella cheese, but it was plenty tasty with monterey jack.
 
I hid all sorts of pureed vegetables in the sauce. 
 
Spencer identified the peppers within 2 bites.
 
The kitchen was already a mess so I made shortbread after dinner.  I am hosting my ladies group tomorrow for afternoon tea.  I have banana coconut bread in the oven right now.
And with that......it's the weekend! 
 
We have a jam packed one- transportation day tomorrow morning, my ladies afternoon tea and then Michael's aunt, uncle and cousin (and her daughter) coming for lunch on Sunday. 


4 comments:

Sherry said...

Twins strike again. First, I couldn't pass up the $.97 dress either. I mean, you can find something to do with it, right? I think it would make a cute beach cover up. Second, the funny thing is I went in a children's store tonight after dinner to get some ideas for Easter outfits. They had the cutest seersucker hats that the boys loved so I got them to pair with some seersucker pants. Preppy all the way this year! Ha! Yep, Eddie is going to get himself a hat and some pants to match. Now, if I could find a prego seersucker dress that doesn't break the bank, I'd be all set.

Hmmm, pizza crust made with yogurt. You're going to have to do some convincing to get me to believe that it was good. ;-)

k and j said...

i love the dress!!

and girlfriend, you are quite domestic!

kids closet organizer said...

Great idea... love the dress!

Cat said...

I wonder I can bribe you into making me any nice baked goodies when i visit. Hee hee