Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Tuesday Miracle

OK.  Maybe miracle is a bit strong of a word to use.  It was definitely a Tuesday Coincidence Celebration.
 
Let me explain.
 
I work on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  It is so, incredibly hard to get up early and get going on those days.  On Tuesdays I just want to lay in bed with Michael.  On Thursdays my sitter gets here an hour before I need to leave.  It is the best.  I have her get here at that time mostly to take care of  Elliott while I shower and prep, but also because it forces me to get out of bed since I know she is coming.  
 
It's so hard to get up on those two days, I think, because it is out of my routine, which usually consists of Elliott waking me up and cuddling in bed and talking to each other for 20 minutes.
 
Anyway.  I was running late this morning.  There was an incident with the alarm (it went off, I turned it off and went back to sleep), and then I was just being slow about getting ready.  The whole morning I knew I was going to be late for my first group of the day.  My first group is an hour long and I was going to miss the first 30 minutes.
 
 
The whole time I was getting ready and the whole time I was driving to work I was mentally picturing my day and trying to figure out how I could make up that 30 minutes of time.  Could I see them later in the day? No.  Could I add them to another group for 30 minutes? No.  Could I see them again on Thusday? No.  Could I add a make-up session next week?  Maybe. 
 
I get to work.  I'm 30 minutes late as I expected.  I start my computer and pull up my email.  I read the daily announcements.  Included in the announcements: the resource teacher took some of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade students to the Renaissance Fair.  The two kids that I missed the 30 minutes for were two of those kids.
 
I actually did a deep, long fist pump in the air.
 
Kind of like this, minus the golf club.
Not only did I not have to make up the 30 minutes that I missed, I didn't even need to call them at all. They weren't on campus.  They were eating a turkey leg in Florence.
 
All of a sudden I had 30 extra minutes in my day before my next group started.  I spent 5 minutes prepping and 25 minutes looking at pinterest.
 
It was a beautiful Tuesday.
 
 
(I just pinned that this morning.  I thought it was funny.)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Man,I love when things work out like that. I am always running late so I am always just hoping for a small miracle like this. Ha! The first picture of this post made me think maybe you got to meet that famous golf champ or something. I was actually all prepared to share how we got his autograph a couple of years ago at our annual golf tournament that is just down the road from our neighborhood. Evan and I got his autograph on a photo we had taken the previous year so he has it in his room. It was the year after all that stuff blew up about him and his addiction issues and cheating. He definitely wasn't his usual confident self, but he was nice to sign our photograph amid the throngs of people waiting at the 18th hole. I am not that big of a golf fan, but I can say he makes it very entertaining to watch with his confidence and charisma out on the course. You can check out that post here if you want: http://eddieandsherryreese.blogspot.com/2010/04/guess-what-we-got-yesterday.html.