Tuesday, February 12, 2013

All work and no play

I try to do most of our laundry during the week.  If I space it out and do one load a day I am more likely to do it than if I get overwhelmed with six loads on the weekend.  Plus, it's easier on Michael too. I wash and dry the clothes and lay them out flat.  I also put the kids clothes away.  Michael puts all of his and my clothes away.  He's just better at it than I am.  My folding technique looks like a monkey did it.  His folding technique looks like a Gap employee of the month did it.  He's really good at folding towels and flat sheets too.  We both suck at folding fitted sheets.  Anyway.  I'm getting away from my point.
 
Elliott has become really interesting in helping out with chores.  He helps me unload the silverware basket of the dishwasher.....one piece at a time.  He is also obsessed with helping with the laundry.  Last week he helped pull every piece of clothing out of the washer.  He handed them to Spencer (one piece at a time) and Spencer put them in the dryer.  It took about 7 minutes to move everything from machine to machine.  Of course I took about 85 pictures.  




 


Whew.  That was a lot of hard work.
 
Time for some play.
 
We went to the play area at a mall a few weeks ago and Elliott had a great time crawling through the tunnel.  It forced me to get the IKEA tunnel out of the closet and set it up.  I love this thing because the kids really enjoy playing in it, but I HATE it because it takes up a lot of room and there is no good place to leave it. 
 
I brought it out for the first time when Spencer was as school.  Elliott wanted nothing to do with it.  Then Spencer crawled through it one time after school and Elliott could not get enough. 

 
See, I told you it was warm last week.  I could just bite those legs.
 


And just for comparison, this is Spencer's first time in the tunnel.  It was Christmas day, 2008.  He was 15 months old. 

 
 I have yet to get Ginger to crawl through it.  Geech did one time, I think.  That should be my next goal.

2 comments:

k and j said...

I totally agree with a load a day ;) and we had that stupid tunnel from ikea and I chucked it. It drove me crazy!!!

Cat said...

Your post brought back memories of my high school days working at Sears and folding jeans, lots and lots of jeans and khakis. I think I preferred the jeans to the khakis.