Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Seasonal

Our bedroom, which is close in size to our first apartment, is hot in the summer and cold in the winter.  Very annoying.  The ceiling is about 87 feet (slightly exaggerated) at its highest point and there is almost a whole wall of West facing windows.  The AC just can't contend with that.  Elliott's room, however, is in the corner of the house, has a South facing window, and is the coldest room in the house during the summer (it's also cozy warm during the winter).  When I was pregnant last summer and felt like I was on the verge of bursting into flame at any moment I would go in there and sit in the glider and enjoy the cold air.  I would also think about how awesome of a mom I would be with two kids and how I had everything together and it wouldn't be hard at all.  Delusional.  That's a post for another day.

Spencer, Elliott and I have started playing in Elliott's room in the afternoons because the temperature is noticeably cooler compared to the family room. 

It was so cool today that Elliott's feet were actually cold.  I asked Spencer to grab some socks out of the sock drawer.  This is what he brought back:

Jack-O-Lantern socks. 

They probably won't fit in October, so we gave them a chance to be worn. 

By the way, Elliott rolled over back to front yesterday.  It scared him so much that he won't do it again.
During breakfast I told Spencer that I just want summer to be over.  I'm looking forward to a lot of stuff this fall and winter: mainly my birthday, Spencer's birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Elliott's birthday and Christmas.  I still feel like I got cheated out of the holiday season last year.  Yes, I got a baby and that's fabulous and all, but I didn't get to enjoy the season from my hospital room.
Maybe Spencer was remembering that conversation when he brought out these ridiculous socks.
Ahhh.  Sitting up like a big boy.  I can't stand it.   Too cute.
Somebody ate prunes for breakfast.  Somebody loved them.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Your house sounds so much like ours. We have to keep Oliver's door open otherwise his room gets like 67 degrees at night. Thank goodness the cats don't like him because I was worried they'd try to get in the crib with him.

Elliott is getting so big! He doesn't really have many foods he doesn't like so far, right? You may have blogged about this before but how does Ginger like the boys?

Cat said...

NO, don't rush the summer! I love summer (and our vaca just started on the 19th) so I am in no rush for fall, but I imagine if I lived where you do, I might appreciate fall a lil' bit more.