Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fadder

Father's Day. Or, according to Spencer, Fadder's Day.  A day to honor all the dads.

Dad

Spelled
  

Our day started right away with gifts.  Spencer just could not wait one more second.  I love that he has a generous spirit and is just as excited to give a gift as to get a gift.

Michael got a hand print fish card,
 and something that you can't see in this picture,
  but is actually this frame,
a scrubber brush for our new grill, 
tongs for our new grill,
and a burger press for our new grill.
 He also got some beautiful art.
This is real world- jammies and an undressed baby.
Then we got ready to have all of our family over.

Michael, Papa and Grandpa all got the same gift.
 Spencer and I worked very hard on these.
Can you tell what it is?
A candy card! 
Side note: candy is more expensive than I remembered.  When did that happen?
Elliott danced on the couch with Grandma.
Then it was time to eat.  Spencer insisted on sitting with his 4 grandparents.
I made a special dessert for each dad: 
Chocolate chip cookie dough oreo brownies for Michael
German chocolate cheesecake for my dad
Lemon meringue tartlets for my father in law
Port wine for my uncle (my godfather) (OK, so all I did was pop the cork on this one)
And my brother Nick got the other half of Elliott's cake for his upcoming 31st birthday.
I think I took this before Nick dropped an entire bottle of olive oil on the floor.  Yep, it broke.
Time for father/son pictures.

Elliott, again obsessed with the texture of fabric.


Can you see what his onesie says?

My Dad Is Rad
My mom was trying to relax on the couch when Spencer attacked her. 

First he tried to eat her nose.
Then he sat right on top of her and pretended she was a bucking bronco.  He kept saying (screaming) giddy up little horsie.


And finally.  I made Michael pose for a picture with his daughter.

I didn't think this one really showed his intense love for her.
And this, actually, was really not much better.

This is where I should put in a collage of the father/son pictures over the past 5 years.  But, there are dishes to be washed, laundry to be folded and baby food to be made. 

I'll sneak it in somewhere soon.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Is it sad that I didn't ask you about your fadder's day party Tuesday, or any of the 50 times we have talked since Sunday, because I wanted to read about it on your blog? I may have a blog reading problem...

Valerie said...

That candy card is the most genius thing I've ever seen before!!! I'm totally stealing this and giving Josh one sometime. Seriously, he loves sweets almost more than he loves me.

Looks like y'all had a wonderful Fadder's Day! What a sweet family you have.

Jeannette said...

The D-A-D pics turned out great!

I can't believe you made a separate dessert for each guy.

I'm pretty sure you deserve 2 Mother's Days next year. :)

Megan said...

Love the DAD pic and I also love Michael's ability to casually hold a baby whilst opening his gifts.

Cat said...

You are so creative with the fish card, candy card, and DAD picture frame. I want to steal your candy card idea sometime. :)

Sherry said...

I just stumbled across this post and can't help but see yet another parallel in our lives. Evan also has a cute habit of saying "fadder" and "mudder" and if you look back at my May posts, you'll likely see one called "Happy Mudder's Day!" So funny! The good news is that since I have pointed out this pronunciation issue to E, he has started saying it correctly...unless he gets in a hurry! :-)