Friday, August 19, 2011

Beagles, Bruises and Supper Club

We are dog-sitting Archie this weekend.  This is what the two beagles have been doing:
I like the top picture because they are both glaring at me for interrupting their 6th straight hour of sleep.
There was a game of beagle chase that lasted about 3.5 minutes.  Archie initiated it.  Ginger ended it when she went to rest after so much activity.
Spencer is in the "getting worse before it gets better" phase of healing.

This was Thursday evening.
This was 10 minutes ago.
Could that black eye look any worse?
I know I'm going to have to break out the concealer for 4-year-old pictures.  I just don't think that bruising will be completely gone, even in a month.

Some friends and I are creating a Supper Club.  Tomorrow night is our inaugural night.

I am bringing Spinach Cheese Tartlets,
and America's Test Kitchen's Chocolate Layer Cake.

I'm going to dip strawberries in chocolate and put them on the top.  I might forget to bring the cake to the party.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yum and Yum!

Megan said...

Thanks for watching Archie...glad to see he made himself at home. :-)

Mary, Phoenix said...

I'm sorry about Spencer's latest stitches, but I'm glad to know we weren't the only "demented" parents who took pictures of the facial injuries, that got worse before they got better! YIKES!!!

Cat said...

I want to come to Supper Club! I tried to organize a potluck with some friends, but due to everyone's busy schedule it didn't so much work out. Lately, the book club I'm in as turned into dinner and book club so that's a start lol.