Saturday, July 10, 2010

Vermont- Day 1

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. There are so many pictures. And it's just a recap of our vacation. I hope I don't bore all of you to the point of tears. This blog is our family photo album as well as our family journal, so I have to do posts about our travels. It's, like, blogging law.

Before I start I'd also like to mention that I have been blogging for a year and a half and I just barely (as in the middle of this post) noticed/realized that you can change the size of the pictures as they load. For 19 months I've been loading "medium" size pictures. I switched to "large" in the middle. See if you notice where it happened.

Vermont. Day One. We stayed with Michael's Aunt Sandi and Uncle Ruggie for all but 3 nights at the end of the trip. Michael's family members, as a general rule, live in rural, country homes with lots of surrounding land. You'll see in the pictures.

Wednesday, June 30th. Spencer, still in jammies, played a little bit with this car. Then we loaded up to "go into town."

After we did some stuff in St. Albans (where Michael attended High School) we stopped at the park. Look at the lovely, dark rain clouds. It was cool and drizzly this day. I LOVED it!


Spencer practiced his balance beam skills.
Including this sweet, sweet jump.
We took some pictures specifically for the blog.

We picked some flowers. Michael pointed out that they were actually weeds. I gave him the stink eye and continued picking FLOWERS.
This particular park is next to Michael's elementary school. I don't know about you, but this is NOT what the back of my elementary school looked like.
Can't you just see little Michael learning here?
Spencer will not, unfortunately, be following in his father's footsteps and attending school here.
After the park we headed over to Michael's cousin Amy's house for dinner. Amy is married to Gabe and they have 2 daughters- Emma (7) and Kayla (5). They are the first "kid" cousins that Spencer had ever met.
We're in the barn here. Can you see who we were there to see?
These little, tiny, baby piglets. Aren't they cute?
OMG. I could just die from the cuteness.

After the piglet adventures the kids chased the cats around the backyard.
Aren't they beautiful?
Then Spencer decided he was going on a little journey on his own. He seriously just started walking away, down the little path. Bye Bye Mommy. Bye Bye Daddy.
So we decided on a more organized activity. Like watering plants.
Then Kayla and Spencer held hands and walked around a bit.
It was the cutest thing. EVER.
After dinner Gabe and the girls brought out an elephant shaped kite and tried to get it up in the air.
It was not really successful, but something VERY exciting happened during the kite flying attempt.
The kite caught some air and then quickly fell. It hit Emma in the face and knocked her loose tooth out. She was quite delighted. What a story that makes. She gets to tell everyone that an elephant knocked her tooth out.
The night ended with some good old fashioned jungle gyming. Spencer kept grabbing these chains and letting himself fall on the ground. He was very amused by the whole thing.
Day 1 was a good day. I got 0 pictures of Amy and Michael, but we saw them 2 more times so I will make up for that in coming days.

4 comments:

Maryellen said...

Wow, it looks beautiful and relaxing there. It seems like you were able to really relax on your vacation.

chelsea said...

What a beautiful area. Oh, and I. Love. Pigs. Seriously. Baby pigs are even better than adult pigs. Love love love........

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous scenery . . .just breath taking . . . can't get over the fact that you needed a jacket at the end of June!

Anonymous said...

How come the schools where we work don't have backyards like Michael's?