Thursday, March 18, 2010

The zoo....with Megan and Hadley

We were supposed to go to the zoo with Megan and Hadley last Wednesday. Then Ginger ran away and we had to postpone for a week. Spencer and I have been talking about going to the zoo with Megan and Hadley for like 16 days now. I wish you could hear him say Megan and Hadley. It's dang cute.

The kids, checking each other out.

Could Hadley be any more adorable? I mean really?All decked out in green for St. Patrick's Day. The zoo was a swarm of kelly green clothes. Wearing green, sitting on a green frog. How appropriate. March 16th just so happens to be Megan's birthday. We got her a very cool monogrammed (H) picture frame and a very cool monogrammed (M) water bottle.Megan also brought me something. Old pictures from her birthday parties. I was instructed to include them in my blog post. I'm more than happy to oblige.

Here goes:

2010 1989 (10th birthday) We think this was Megan's 11th birthday in 1990. I don't really have any specific memories of being in the water. I do remember hiking to the water though.

I'm wearing a teal colored shirt.The girl sitting next to me is Teresa. I got an invitation to her baby shower in the mail yesterday. We started school together in 1st grade, graduated from 8th grade and high school together and went to the U of A at the same time. Megan's 12th birthday party in 1991. I can absolutely remember sitting on that couch while this picture was being taken. That's me in the purple on the right side. (This picture is for you too Karen!) It's too bad that the photographer cut Megan's head off- you know, with it being her party and everything.

4 comments:

Maryellen said...

This was kind of a flashback post too. I love it.

The Yager Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the old pics. I mean, less new pics. You're not old. If you're old, then I'm old, and we. Are. Not. Old.

Karen said...

Those pics are great!! I especially love the one of you and Megan in 1989 (particularly your beautiful green St Cyril's shirt).

Jennifer said...

All of you look so great in your green . . . Spencer and Hadley look especially adorable in their hats.

Thanks for sharing those "vintage" photos - very cute