Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Flashback Wednesday

I've been really bad about doing any flashbacks lately. There really is no excuse other than being lazy. Lazy in coming up with ideas and lazy in scanning old photos. Even Michael commented that it has been ages since I did a flashback. So, here you go.

March 3, 2007.
We had planned on waiting until I was 12 weeks along to tell anyone that I was pregnant. The only person that knew, other than me, Michael and my doctor was my orthodontist, because I begged him to take my braces off since I could not even fathom being pregnant in braces. However, Michael's grandparents (from VT) had been living in AZ all winter and they were leaving the next week. We knew they would be upset if we didn't tell them in person, so we asked Michael's parents if they would host a "going-away" party for them. The perfect excuse to get both sides of our family together. I was 10 weeks pregnant.

I baked a cake and used white chocolate chips to write out my due date. I didn't space it very well. I laugh when I see this since Spencer was born no where near this date. He was a month old by the time we reached 10-5-07.

At the right moment we revealed the cake to all. Michael's dad got it right away. He was the only one. Then my mom turned white as a ghost and had to sit down.She was pretty happy after she recovered. So was my grandma. Michael, his dad and his grandma were happy. Michael's grandpa and his mom were happy. My dad was happy. My brother? Apparently not so much. I actually thought that I did this flashback last year, but couldn't find it when I went back into my blog archive. I did revisit some old posts though and re-read some great comments. I have the best blog friends (which is not surprising since most of you are the best real world friends). Thanks for always supporting me with your great comments.

2 comments:

Maryellen said...

Your pictures for this flashback are adorable.

The Yager Family said...

I love a good flashback, and no I don't think you've done this one before... not that I have the best memory or anything, I'm just sayin'. Oh, and I don't think you've done this flashback before. Wait, did I already say that?