Friday, March 12, 2010

Holiday Decorations: The St. Patrick's Day Edition

St. Patrick's Day is probably my lamest attempt at holiday decorating. It's not that I don't love green and leprechauns and shamrocks. It's that in so many years St. Paddy's falls too close to Easter and the bunnies and chicks win the decorating battle (can't you totally picture a leprechaun and a pink marshmallow peep running at each other with bayonets like in the final battle scene of The Patriot?)

Here, in no particular order, with no particular rhyme or reason is my sad attempt at Holiday Decorating: The St. Patrick's Day Edition.

Shamrocks

What are these? I don't even know. Irish figurines?The dining room servers I don't usually have green flowers- they are left over from the baby shower. Let's take a closer look at my two favorite decorations for this holiday.

Spencer is all of a sudden obsessed with Barney. That's a Barney DVD on the TV.
I didn't even put a candle in this.
I bought this at JoAnne's fabric for maybe 99 cents. Hey, has anyone ever noticed that there is no cent symbol on a keyboard?
Dollar Store. It's probably lead based paint.
Ditto
Hanging on the front door

These are in the bathroom. Again, no candles.
Michael hung these and wants to take credit for "helping to decorate".
Well, that's it. Lame. I warned you. Easter is much better. And then there's nothing until 4th of July.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I've wondered for years about the cents symbol on the keyboard. And it's like, it went away and no one talks about it? Or notices? Or cares? It feels very USSR. -Megan

The Yager Family said...

Oh yes, that is very lame in the decorating category. Watch for my post, coming up today or this evening. I'm linking to yours. Just fyi.
ha ha ha!

Karen said...

Well your lame is way better than most people's!! That seems like a lot of decorations to me! Did you not put candles in because you were lazy or you don't have any? I will assume the former :) but if it's the latter I recently purchased one of those 100 packs of tealights from Ikea (why is this necessary when I only need like 5 or 10?) so you just say the word and up to 90 of them could be yours!!

Suzanne said...

Wow Natalie...Chelsea's right...you could own a St. Patty's Day boutique! You even have a holiday tree? Wow...the only thing I have is that I bought Soren a green t-shirt today at a consignment store so he'd avoid being pinched next Wed.!

Natalie said...

Yeah, Karen, I'm just lazy. I have the same bag of 100 tealights from IKEA. I'll bet there are about 87 left. I also have a bag of 50 from Cost Plus. There are probably 48 left. I reasoned with myself that I was less than likely to actually light the candles so it would be a waste of time to even put them out.

The GVZs said...

I can't believe you have that many decorations for St. Patrick's Day. Seriously. That's amazing. I can't wait to see what Easter looks like.