Sunday, March 7, 2010

The baby shower

If I could figure out a way to make a lot of money with very little work doing party planning and catering, I would totally leave the field of speech language pathology. As it stands, though, my little part-time gig as a speech therapist is pretty easy compared to throwing a party. The baby shower is over and while I loved planning and doing every minute of it, I'm tired.

I took these pictures of the tables before anyone arrived.

Me playing the role of 1950's housewife.
Some of the ladies

Adorable baby Desmond.
Back in October I had a picture from a Halloween party of 2 people dressed up as Juno and Bleeker from the movie Juno. Shireen (in the black shirt, pouring juice) was pregnant and playing the role of Juno. She is the mommy of Desmond.
Spencer patiently waiting for his food.
All of Amy's gifts.
Amy and Josh opening presents.
More ladies.
The cake pops.
My lazy dog during gift opening time. Could she be more in the way?
I got to hold Desmond. It made me feel some sort of crazy urge to have another baby. Then I felt frightened and scared and horrified and gave him back to his mom.
What is wrong with my hair and forhead in this picture? Party giving apparently does wonky things to hairstyles.

Amy was worth every minute of the effort the shower took. I CANNOT wait to meet her little boy in late April or early May!

3 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Who took that last picture? Did they mean to have the freakiest camera angle ever?
Looks like a GREAT party! I can't WAIT to see you next weekend!

Jennifer said...

Natalie -
Watch out Martha Stewart . . . Natalie has mad skills!!! By the way,I think that without a doubt you make the PERFECT 50's housewife! :)The pearls were a nice touch!

Those cake balls look soooo yummy! Did you get the recipe from Bakerella? I have really been wanting to try them out but I am a little hesitant as my baking skills leave MUCH to be desired.

The birthday banner was pretty easy. I just used my scrapbooking tools for the cirlces and cut the letters out at school using the ellison dye cutter. I got the idea from etsy.com but wasn't willing to spend the bucks.

Maryellen said...

Woo hoo!!! I was there. I got to experience the awesome shower first hand. You did a lovely job.

When I gave John some cake pops he made the comment that he thinks you could definitely go into business doing something with baking and cooking. I agree.

:)