Friday, March 5, 2010

Michael

This is Michael, my husband of 8 years. He was my boyfriend for 5 years before we got married. 13 years. That's a long time.

Michael is a GREAT husband. He's funny, supportive, easy on the eyes and helpful around the house. He's a FABULOUS daddy too. Most importantly though, he puts up with my need to buy things that have to be assembled. Luckily he's a champ at figuring out directions. From places like Ikea.

In Michael's honor (and you'll see why below) I've put together a montage of everything Michael has assembled in our 13 years together. I missed the blanket chest in our bedroom (and let me tell you, it was a biatch to put together), but I don't think the honoree would appreciate me going in there and taking a picture while he's sleeping.

Bookshelves
Computer desk and chairs
My dresser, the TV armoire, Michael's dresser. We got as close to divorce as we ever will during/after when Michael put these together. I was pregnant and could offer very little help. Our headboard/footboard and Spencer's bed rail
2 benches Spencer's changing table (which now serves as garage shelves) and metal garage shelvesSpencer's toysThis glider swing which looked better before the AZ sun ate it alive.
Which brings us to now, and my desire to create a beautiful outdoor living space. We bought new cushions for the glider. And........this gazebo!
Oh. What a let down. It doesn't look nearly as beautious in our backyard. Could it be because we haven't put the mosquito netting on yet? Or maybe because our backyard is concrete and not in a lush meadow? I'm going with the netting.
So, Michael spent 3 hours putting this together on Wednesday night. I got too cold after 2 hours and went inside to watch TV.

Look, a conversation area. Who wants to come over for a glass of wine and conversation? And concrete.
Isn't my builder Bob (assembler Adam?) husband the best?

2 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Yes, he is! And yes, I want to come over for wine, conversation, and concrete.
And, one more question... do you rent him out???
You are a lucky lady Natalie :) And, Michael is a lucky man!

Laura said...

OOOH - wine???!!! Sign me up! :)