Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fall Festivities

It's hard to get into a Fall mood when it's still 103 degrees, but I'll tell you what helps. Having plans for every weekend for the entire month of October.

These are some of the things we have going on next month.

* Dinner at Laura's with Laura, Josh and Sara and Chelsea, Jeremy, Lilly and Zac. It's going to be so much fun. I still can't get over the fact that we all have families now. It's so weird but so normal.

* Going to Flagstaff and staying at my aunt's house over my fall break. I have not just one, but two weeks off this year. Total bonus.
* Going to the Pumpkin and Chili Party at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek. I've wanted to go for the last 4 years. Spencer had just started walking last year and he was a little young for all of the activities so we skipped it. The year before he would have just cried the whole way there and through the whole thing so we skipped it. I think he's going to have a lot of fun as a two-year-old.
We're going to pick a pumpkin out of the patch.



* Going to the State Fair
I think Spencer will love seeing the animals in the petting zoo and going on some rides. What I'm most exicted about, though, is getting a corn dog. MMMM. I love me a corn dog at a fair.
And cotton candy.
And one of these (because it would be too too too gluttonous to get all of them, right?)

A deep fried twinkie

Deep fried oreos or

a funnel cake




* Halloween- Spencer was Scooby Doo and Ginger was a pumpkin last year.

We went to a festival last year. I think we're actually going trick or treating this year. I need ideas for costumes for all of us.

Don't you think Spencer would look cute as an ewok?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, deep fried twinkies are heaven on earth! -Megan

Maryellen said...

Go for the funnel cake :).

Spencer would look AWESOME as an Ewok.