Monday, June 18, 2012

Elliott's Half Birthday Party

Maryellen and I met in 2005 when we worked at the same school.  I was the speech therapist and she was the resource teacher, so we had lots and lots of meetings together.  We have lived in the same city for the past 3 years and were geographically close, but not super close.  Well, she and her husband, John, moved recently.  Now, there are 3 street lights separating us, but 2 of them are right turns on the way there. If you make the non-turn light you can get from our house to theirs in 3 minutes.  Sweet.

They came over for dinner on Saturday to help us celebrate Elliott's Half Birthday in style.

Maryellen and I look like friends.  One of us happens to have a baby.
Michael and John look like My 2 Dads.  They either adopted or used a surrogate.
After appetizers, dinner, laughter and good times, it was time for cake. 

I took this bad boy,
and turned it into this bad boy.
Half a cake for half a birthday.

Elliott's thinking, "Geez. Again with the fire.  Did you not learn last time"?
"What?  Oh, this fire is for me"?
"Well alright then".
John and Maryellen were so kind and brought a gift.  Elliott's own parents didn't even get him a gift.  We did throw him a party though.
Elliott's still working on his fine motor skills, so Spencer helped out.
So cute!
I mentioned before that I made lasagna for dinner.  I used my Polish Pottery poppy garden large baking dish with handles.
Then this shit happened.
I was washing it and it bumped the side of the sink and fell about 1/4 of an inch. 
Busted into pieces.
I paid, at the most, $30 for this when I bought it in Germany in 2006.  I looked online for a replacement. 

$160

Hot damn.

By the way, Elliott had his 6 month check up today.  15 pounds 12.5 ounces.  It puts him IN the 25th percentile.  He's in the 30th for length and head. 

Another hot damn!

3 comments:

Megan said...

So sad about the dish! Happy 1/2 BDay to Elliott!

Jeannette said...

You can TOTALLY Gorilla glue that thing back together!

Also, 25th%?! AWESOME!

Happy Half-Birthday Elliott and Congratulations on being 3/4 of the way done with parenting an infant! (1st year accomplished with Spencer + 1st 6 months with Elliott = 3/4 of the way done with infancy. I checked the numbers.. twice.) :)

Valerie said...

That picture of Elliott with the candle is absolutely hilarious! I can't wait to see what you do for his birthday.