Saturday, June 23, 2012

6 Month Glamour Shots

When I was pregnant with Spencer, Michael gave me a scrapbook for Mother's Day.  I'm not one to scrapbook normal, every day occasions, so I decided to use it for portrait photos.  Then I ran out of pages after 2 years and haven't bought new ones, so his 3 year photos are just piled up in back.  But that's neither here nor there.  We are here to talk about Elliott's 6 month photos and my OCD.

I wanted their outfits to be similar, but not the same.  A theme, if you will.  Spencer wore this sailor suit at 6 months so I wanted something with a sailboat for Elliott.

We also did this photo with his bear coat and a teddy bear.
Side note: this was the only time he ever wore that coat.  He hated it.
This is Spencer's 6 month photo on the wall. 
I started looking for sailboat stuff the middle of May.  I found a darling outfit at a boutique- it was light blue with white stripes and a little sailboat on the side.  It was $38.  No thanks.  After having no luck I decided to just make an outfit.

I bought this outfit for $5 from Carters.  Then I bought a $2 iron on sailboat patch from JoAnne's. 

Voila!

The side by side comparison. 
Very sailorish.

You'll have to scroll down to see what we did instead of the teddy bear.  Poor Elliott.  Spencer got a nice, soft, snuggly friend.  Elliott got, well, just look.

By the way.  When I bought this outfit in May I was hoping that Elliott would be able to fit into a 6 month outfit, meaning, I hoped it wouldn't be too big. 

Then his liver started working and he packed on 3.5 pounds in a month and all of a sudden the 6 month outfit was shockingly tight.



















3 comments:

Megan said...

This is Hadley's comment...Hey that's a picture of baaabbbyyyy Elllliottttt...not repeat that for each picture. This my friend is why I try and blog read in private :-)

k and j said...

you have two of THE cutest boy's!! ahhh!

Sherry said...

Hi, Natalie! I just came across your blog from Valerie's at From Single to Forever. I am always looking for fellow bloggers with similar families, etc. Our kids are almost the same age (born in 2007 and 2011). Evan is 5 and Brody just turned 1. Brody had that crab Carter's outfit, and I loved the crab on the booty. ;-) We also love dinosaurs around here. I'll be following along now to see more of these cuties.