Saturday, September 17, 2011

Rudeness

I wrote my very first blog post on December 16, 2008.  The title was, very appropriately, A Beagle and A Baby.  You can take a trip down memory lane by reading my very first post ever HERE.

I wrote my second post one day later.  It was called Fat Beagle.  You can read it HERE.

When I first started blogging, and for an embarrassingly long time after, I did not realize that I could get comments emailed to me.  I would write a post and just keep checking it for comments.  I would go back probably 6-7 posts to see if there were any new comments.  Once I was ahead by those 6-7 posts, though, I wouldn't go back further, so I wouldn't see any comments that were written after about 10 days.  It was probably a year and a half later before I realized I could set it up to have comments emailed to me. 

That means that every once in a while, when I can't sleep and I log on to the ol' computer to waste some time and read random old blog posts I run across an old comment that I never saw.  It's happened maybe 5 times. 

A few nights ago was just such a time.  I was actually reading my 1 year anniversary post, from December 16, 2009, called One Year Later (BTW- you can read it  HERE).

Imagine my surprise, at 1 am, when I read this:
Who in the hell wrote that?

And what was wrong with my older "articles"?

And why was this anonymous person never taught correct punctuation or sentence structure?

And why is this insomniac critiquing me at 2:21 am?

And who in the hell wrote that?

Any ideas?

Oh, and I included the link to my first two posts because, also rudely, nobody ever commented on them.  Here's your chance. 

Just don't leave some random B.S. about how I'm so much better now than I used to be.

One more thing.  The last time I wrote a post that had no comment whatsoever was in July 2009.  That's quite a streak.  I think my insomnia is related to the stress I feel about continuing that streak (because it could not at all be due to a baby kicking the crap out of my ribs all night long).  Don't let me down.

7 comments:

The GVZs said...

I did the same thing about comments for YEARS before figuring out they could be emailed. I never get anonymous and/or rude ones though. I wish!

Jennifer said...

OK so I feel like a loser because I still don't know about having comments emailed! I am so behind the times. Next thing your probably going to tell me that parachute pants and banana clips are no longer in fashion!

Chelsea said...

Ha! For some reason, it really cracks me up that someone wrote that. Seriously?!?
I bet it was Laura.
Hahaha
Keep up the great "articles."

(Oh and the last time I wrote a blog post with zero comments was... yesterday. damn.)

k and j said...

That is the funniest comment! Haha! I love your stinkin' blog.

Anonymous said...

Ha, it wasn't me even though I do post as anonymous! I thought when I first started reading this "article" that it would be about my rude comment about Spencer not having a "1" shirt a couple blogs ago. -Megan

Maryellen said...

I think that rude comment was SPAM. I've gotten a similar one before.

Cat said...

Um, I too was not aware comments could be e-mailed to me. Please explain how to do this.