Friday, September 2, 2011

Clothes

I have kept every single piece of clothing Spencer has ever worn.  Well, no, that's not true.  There were a couple of outfits that were just ruined during massive blow-outs.  We threw those away.  Everything else I kept.

Everything sized 18-24 months and bigger is in our garage.  Everything newborn to 18 months was, until Tuesday, in my parent's attic.  On Tuesday my mom drove the clothes, along with all of our other stored baby items, to our house.

We dumped everything in Elliott's room.
I am bound and determined to be ready for this baby by Thanksgiving.  I want to enjoy the holidays (as much as I can with a big ol' pregnant belly) and I think I will be able to do that if I'm not worried about baby preparations.

 I unpacked all of the clothes, towels and blankets.  They all need to be washed.  They smell like attic storage. It's amazing how much baby stuff can be washed in one load.

 Some of the clothes that were in a box of newborn and 0-3 month stuff are covered with yellow stains from being stored for so long. 

They are soaking in OxiClean for a couple of days, which is what the internet told me to do. 

This is just 9 months- 18 months.
Crap.

It's important to me that Spencer have some clothes that were only his and that Elliott have some clothes that will only be his.

I went through Spencer's clothes and picked about 25 outfits to keep.  These are my favorites and also outfits from his first holidays- Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc.  My plan is to take them to a quilt maker and have a quilt made out of them.  I will do the same for Elliott.  Then I can give the quilts to their wives as a wedding gift and force them to display them in the homes.

It's like a 30 year plan.
This is what I got done in the closet during the first session.  A couple of drawers are also full of onesies and itty bitty pants.
These are the first two Elliott only outfits.
I bought them on the way home from the ultrasound last week. 
There's also the crab onesie that I bought either before I got pregnant or right after finding out.  I actually don't remember.  Stupid pregnancy brain fog. 

Update: I wrote this blog post on Wednesday while Spencer was at school and scheduled it to post on Friday.  As of Thursday night all of the clothes, except the ones that are still soaking, are washed and done.  Yippie.  Bring on the pumpkin pie.

6 comments:

Kendra Forgacs said...

We LOVE the quilt we had made out of Shyla's onesies and I know she'll love it one day too! It took 60 shirts and I'm already putting things aside for Harper's quilt!

Mom said...

That's a great idea. I wish i had done that with my boys. I do still have the baby blanket that their grandmother made them when they were first born.

Maryellen said...

Great job Natalie! I LOVE your idea about the quilts. That's going to be amazing! I wish John's mom had done that...I would totally display that in my house.

Maryellen said...

P.S. We got the keys to our rental...Dobson and Pecos!

Jennifer said...

Dude you are on the ball! I am always so impressed with your organization skills!

I have been thinking about having Eliza's baby clothes made into a quilt too but I don't know of any one around here who does that. Did you find someone in your area to make it for you?

Cat said...

And I thought I planned ahead, you've got me beat with your 30 year plan, lol.