Sunday, September 18, 2011

A bunch of Spencer stuff

Classes
We stopped paying our monthly My Gym fee back in May.  Spencer had reached the age where he was doing independent classes and he didn't enjoy them as much as parent participation classes.  We still go to free play, but not every week.

Since we are no longer going to My Gym 3 times a week we have time to do other activities.  On the agenda this fall is an art class with daddy on Tuesdays and Mommy and Me Pottery class on Monday.  We started last week.  We're taking the class with our friends Joni and Oriana, but I didn't get their picture.

We'll work with the clay one week and then paint the next.  We plan on putting M&M's in these bowls.  I hope they are food safe.
Pictures
Spencer had school pictures last week.  I bought the $9 package so I won't be disappointed if they are terrible.

He wore a new shirt, I put make-up on his nose scar and sprayed his hair with hair spray.  Then I called Toddlers and Tiaras to see if we could sign up for a spot on the show.  Yes, I'm recycling my jokes from facebook.
We're headed to JC Penney for 4-year-old pictures this weekend.  I bought this sweater for $6 from Buy Buy Baby for Spencer to wear.  He's going to burn up, but the pictures should be cute.
Shots
Spencer had his 4-year well child check-up on Friday.  He is 32 pounds (a little less than 25th percentile) and 37.75 inches (10th percentile).  He is healthy as can be and developmentally on track (which we already knew).

He got 4 booster immunization shots and his flu shot.  Did you count?  5 shots.  The poor kid.  I think it was our worst shot appointment just because he has not forgotten about it yet.  He was very sensitive and extra whiny that day, but luckily he's never gotten sick or feverish from vaccinations. 

 He's already stressing about what shots he needs when he is 5.  Luckily, he is done with immunizations and just needs flu shots from here on out.  Oh, and weekly allergy shots when we start them, but I have not told him that yet.
Sleep
Even though it is still hot at night Spencer has decided he wants to sleep in pants.  It started when he wanted to wear his new Thomas PJ's, which have short sleeves and pants.  He has a limited supply of pant PJ sets that aren't truly winter PJ's, so we've been combining the pants with white t-shirts.

I just love these woodland character PJ's.  They are from last year.  I wish he could wear them every day, during the day.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

That's awesome that you're taking a class with Joni and Oriana. That will be a great time!

I think Spencer looks really tall in his sleeping picture. Also, I agree with you on the pants. They're awesome!

Jennifer said...

Your art class sounds so fun I hope all of guys have a great time doing it! I love your bowls - can't wait to see what they look like when they are painted.

I hope Spencer's school pictures turn out cute - he looked so hansome - very cute shirt. I can't believe he let you put hair spray on him. Eliza would have a melt down if I tried to that. We have enough drama every morning when I spray water on her crazy bed head!

Cat said...

Busy, busy, busy