Monday, September 5, 2011

32

I am 32 years old. 

I need to practice saying that.  I am 32 years old. 

I started forgetting how old I was when Spencer was born.  I didn't have much time to get used to being 28 before he popped into the world the next day.  It's just gone downhill since then.  Sometimes I honestly have to pause for a moment to figure out my current age.

My birthday present started going up on Saturday.

New curtains!

Michael hung the ones in the dining room all by himself.
My dad helped with the ones in the living room.

My parents came up from Tucson on Sunday night.  Michael's parents came up on Monday morning.  We had a birthday celebration for me and Spencer today.

Spencer opened his presents from his grandparents since they won't be here for his actual birthday tomorrow.

He got a totally cool train table from Michael's parents,
and from my parents: an awesome, authentic Louisville slugger engraved with his name,
a number Bingo game,
and an entire set of Thomas train tracks.
We let him open 1 present from us.  He has to wear this tomorrow so he needed to get it ahead of time.
Apparently my curtain-palooza wasn't enough of a present so Michael and Spencer also gave me a new (much desired) plastic whisk since mine broke over the summer, a couple more egg poaching cups (so I don't have to stand at the stove for forever making batches of poached eggs) and a bunch of lotions and potions from Bath and Body Works.
I got some much needed cash from Michael's parents.  It is going to Target for MORE CURTAINS (remember: curtain-palooza) for the family room.

My parents gave me a beautiful Swarovski crystal necklace, but I looked positively horrible in the picture so you don't get to see it.  This is what it looks like.  Pretty sweet, huh?


They also gave me these adorable pig salt and pepper shakers.
After we ate lunch we took some "it's my 32nd birthday" family pictures.
We had to wake Ginger up to make her participate.  She wasn't thrilled.
I was playing around with this picture on picnik.  It came out a little blurry when I tried to soften it. 
Eh.  I went with it.
And then we had pie and homemade vanilla ice cream, because any good birthday celebration should include those.  We'll be having cake twice this week so the pie was a nice change.
Up next: a special someone turns..............
4!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! I have offically known you for 27 birthdays...how did we get so old?

Kendra Forgacs said...

Happy Birthday! That necklace = stunning!

Maryellen said...

I love your new curtains! I also love that your boys went to Bath and Body Works for you. That's super sweet!