Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Birthday Cake

1st birthday
Vanilla car cakes and vanilla stop light cupcakes
2nd birthday
Strawberry and chocolate train cakes (and unpictured cupcakes)
3rd birthday
Caramel spice Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake
4th birthday
Strawberry Thomas cake

Did you notice that each year the cakes become less and less elaborate and less and less time consuming?

By next year I'll be ordering a cake from the grocery store.  No, really.  I'm going to also have a baby to care for.  I'm giving myself permission to be a slacker next year.  I'm already stressing out about it and trying to figure out how I could make a cake this weekend and save it for close to a year.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

NO STRESS!!!

How about... I'll help next year. You know, by picking up the grocery store cake.
You didn't think I was going to bake did you?
Your cakes, your parties, and your company ALWAYS rock. Hard.

Megan said...

Maybe Spencer and I can make his cake next year. I remember making my cake for my 8th birthday with my great-grandma it was one of my best memories...and you likely ate some of it!

Megan said...

PS - Just realized when I turned 8 my mother had a 9 month old baby. So it must be fate that I should make a cake with Spencer since Elliott will be 8 or 9 months old!

Cat said...

I'm kind of craving cake now, thanks a lot. :-p

The GVZs said...

For N's first bday party I made all organic cupcakes using juice I pressed from farmer's market apples. For her second, I made them from scratch but used real sugar. For her third I used a box cake mix. For her fourth I suspect I will order from a bakery. It's a natural progression, I think. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I love the mickey mouse cake, adorable yet simple. Can you tell me where you got the clubhouse?
Thanks
misscasablanca@hotmail.com