Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thomas the Train Party

Funny pre-party story:
My friend Laura and her 2-year-old daughter Sara came to stay with us on Friday night.  Laura was a tremendendous help during party preparations.  We put the kids to bed on Friday night.  The hallway light was on.  I assumed Laura needed it on for Sara.  Laura assumed we needed it on for Spencer.  We left it on all night.  The light ruined all of our sleep.  Spencer came in our room at 2:30 am all cheerful saying "good morning!" because it was so light.  Sara woke up at like 3:00 ready to start the day because it was so light.  It wasn't until the following morning, during a hilarious conversation, that we realized nobody needed the light and we were all idiots for not asking each other/turning it off.

Anyway.  I dragged myself out of bed at 7:30. This is what was still occuring in my bed at 9:00.

We managed to pull off a pretty great party though, despite the lack of sleep.

The cupcakes/cake.


I finally remembered to take a picture of the food before it was served.



There were decorations.




And friends.

And hungry friends.
We had presents.



And cake.




We wore party hats once the party was actually over because we forgot about them during the party.
Ginger was exhausted once it was all over.

Thanks to all of our friends for making it a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Spencer! Looks like a wonderful party. I am drooling over that chocolate cake - looks so yummy.

Chelsea said...

It was so fun! Happy birthday again to Spencer, and thanks for much for including us in your day! The kids, and I, had a blast!

Krista said...

What a great party! Happy belated birthday Spencer! That cake looks delicious....i wish you could send me a piece!