Monday, August 29, 2011

IKEA Scavenger Hunt

I have mentioned before that I belong to a great group of friends.  We all worked at the same school at one time or another.  When some of us started leaving that school for other jobs or babies we started having monthly get togethers so we could still see everyone on a regular basis.  The last time I planned a get together was last October.  We did pumpkin carving.

August was my next turn for planning.  I decided on a scavenger hunt at IKEA followed by snow cones.  Air conditioning and ice.  Totally appropriate for August in Phoenix, especially because both Amy and I are pregnant.

Here are the shots from our FUN day.

Take a picture of:

A team member in the shower.

A team member washing dishes in the sink.

A team member sleeping in a bed.

A team member in a tent in the kid's department.

A team member sitting on a couch, watching TV, and changing channels with the remote.

At least 2 team members holding a serious IEP meeting at a square or rectangular table.

A team member chopping vegetables at a kitchen counter.

A team member replacing a light bulb in a lamp.

A team member cradling a stuffed animal like a newborn.

A team member posing very excitedly with a very boring object.

A team member holding 12 identical decorative pillows.

At least 2 team members eating dinner at a round or oval table.

A team member using an official IKEA measuring tape to measure a bookshelf.

A team member relaxing in a Poang chair.

A team member feeding a stuffed animal "baby" that is sitting in a high chair.

A team member smelling candles with a pleased and relaxed look on their face.

A team member looking at their reflection in the mirror while applying lipstick.

A team member thoughtfully analyzing the pile on a rug.

A team member crying at the beauty of a piece of art.

A team member fluffing the pillows on a bed.

It was a great day.  I do have to say, though, that despite IKEA being air conditioned we were all sweaty and burning up by the time we left.

These babies tasted so good:

Until next time, ladies.

P.S. For those inquiring minds, Team Brenda, Joni, Maryellen and Shireen "won".  I'd like for it to go on the record though that their shower picture is not really in the shower and is actually just a shower curtain, because they couldn't find a shower and a stupid employee told them there wasn't one.  As you can plainly see in the picture of Team Amy, Lauren and Natalie, there is a real shower. 

So- we're all winners 'cause we're cool like that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A) you didn't say who won??
B) What sort of psychosis were involved with changing the blog name, and are you losing sleep over the URL not matching??
-Megan

Chelsea said...

I am DYING right now. This is truly hilarious. I'm wondering how I can incorporate this exact scavenger hunt into my day to day life. Because I want to do it, like, every day.

Maryellen said...

I had so much fun!! I don't really want to get technical because then I might be on the "losing" team. For example, when I showed John the pictures he thought your team should have won. One of his reasons was the bed picture. You were in it and our girl was laying on top of it sideways.

Maryellen said...

Also, I don't think I look very thoughtful in the carpet pile picture. I think I look angry at the pile.

Cat said...

Love it! Also, once again I have fallen 2 months behind in your blog.

Sarah said...

Hi Natalie, I've been looking around your blog and I love it! I first came across it when looking for ideas for an Ikea Scavenger Hunt, and you definitely provided inspiration. Thanks for sharing! My husband and I did a double date with some friends using several of your ideas, and I created a free printable of the hunt on my blog: http://alovelettertofood.com/2017/02/ikea-scavenger-hunt/
P.S. I think we should be friends--I live in AZ, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to do something like this for my daughters 14th birthday. Did employees of Ikea give y’all a hard time or are they totally of with this? Thank you!!