Thursday, March 25, 2021

Spring Break

There is some real, actual content in this post.  It is shocking.  We took no trips and did nothing spectacular for spring break, but there's more to report than usual. Yay.

Michael was annoyed that Spencer was leaving all of his stuff  on the bathroom counter, so on Monday  March 15th I worked on the problem.  

New wall shelf


New counter shelf
Also that day I worked on filing in my breast cancer binder.  I was about six months behind.  While I was at it I blinged it up a bit. 

And gave it a name. 

Elliott saw his pediatrician on Tuesday the 16th.  It was his three months late nine year checkup. 

We took the official 9 year 3 month picture after we got home. 
We entertained for the first time in an entire year on St. Patrick's day.  

I made homemade low-carb Irish Cream. 
John and Maryellen are vaccinated, but it was both our first times with other people, so we set up separate tables.  We were just nervous. 





I got a bit jazzed about the serving table. 




We finally had someone to take our picture!

The appetizer after we ate most of it. 

The dinner spread. 

Authentic Irish beer. 
Authentic Irish bangers from Trader Joe's.  And Costco mash.  

Bangers and Mash.

I made low carb Irish Soda bread and bought high carb Irish Soda bread. 

I made the corned beef. 

We also didn't know what to do about the mask vs no mask issue.  It's been so long for all of us. 


The homemade Irish Cream! 

I went to Party City on Thursday the 18th to buy stuff for my friend Lauren.  My mom had been looking for tiki stuff and couldn't find any at any local party store.  She finally broke down and ordered from Amazon, so of course, three days later all the tiki stuff was unveiled.  I took pictures to show her.





I decorated for Easter on Friday the 19th.  Sneak peek!
This is why I needed to go to Party City.  My sisterhood group was throwing a virtual bridal shower for Lauren, and I needed to get the decorations. 

I took everything over and set it up while she was at work on Friday the 19th. 

It was a fun surprise for her when she got home!







We had the virtual shower on Saturday the 20th.  It ended up being really nice and fun.


We were all wearing bridesmaids dresses from previous weddings.  Except Amy, who just had hernia surgery, and Brenda, who wore her mother of the groom dress. 

And finally, a St. Pat's themed family zoom that afternoon. 


No comments: