Sunday, September 13, 2020

My 41st birthday

                 I turned 41 on the 5th.  My parents came up for the weekend to celebrate me, and to celebrate Spencer the next day.  

On Saturday morning we all slept in (except my mom) and then had all my favorites for brunch. 

Almond croissants


Green chili egg casserole

Bacon

Fruit

Of course there was coffee and mimosas too. 

We chilled at home after brunch and then it took me like an hour to round up everyone for presents.  I finally got the kids and my parents together only to find that Michael was missing.  He was in the attic of all places. 


Time for presents!


From my sister-in-law

A special present from me to me

From Laura

Another from me to me

And me to me again

And the very best me to me!!!

From Chelsea

From Lauren

From Michael and the kids

From Elliott.  He asked Michael to take him shopping and picked this for me. 

All of the official pictures of the day.



I now have three sons

We had our family zoom happy hour that afternoon. 

Then I took pictures of the birthday decorations. 







Somehow the day passed and it was time for dinner.  I had planned on Lobster BLTs for months. 





I rounded it out with caesar salad, 

and fries. 


My parents brought all the wine for the weekend. 

My almond amaretto cake from AJ's. 



We watched all six episodes of The Imagineers on Disney+ over the weekend.  I think we watched #3 that night. 

Up next: Spencer becomes a teen. 

No comments: