Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Closing out August

It happened again!  I completely fell behind, but this time it's because we were celebrating our birthdays.  We're going to power through the end of August, I'm going to get my act together, and we'll go full force into September. 

Our roof was finished on Monday, August 24th.  They came back two more times to fix little things, but this is pretty much the end product.  It looks exactly the same. Ha!



A little project I did with succulents in the living room.  They are all fake. And it looks different now.  I'll take an updated picture sometime. 

On Tuesday the 25th I let Spencer sit in the front seat for the first time and we went to Starbucks. I took all neighborhood streets and lectured him on never putting his feet up on the dashboard. 

Pumpkin spice was released that day. I think the lattes are way too sweet, but the pumpkin cold brew, no sweetener, with the foam......delicious. 


Elliott drew this for a school assignment on Wednesday the 26th.  I think it's marvelous. 


His motivation

I was at Aj's on Thursday the 27th and was just really impressed with these two cakes. 


I was sitting in my dining room office on Friday the 28th when I saw our lazy delivery person had left this package in the front yard. It didn't even make it to the door.  

That was also the day that Chadwick Boseman passed away from colon cancer.  I was pretty upset about it because cancer is stupid, so we watched Black Panther that night. 


I made this little graphic too.


We had a tropical themed family zoom happy hour on the 29th. 

I took these pictures of the backyard for my friend Sarah on Sunday the 30th. 


Cool sky that night.

Michael went to school in St. Albans, VT, so when I saw this cheese at Trader Joe's, I bought it for him. 

We had a little nosh/snacky dinner that night.

And that is it!  Twenty-seven years later we are finally in September!

No comments: