Tuesday, July 9, 2013

There's always room for Jello

I had lunch with a friend from high school on Friday.  I had not seen him, probably, since the day we graduated from high school in May 1997.  I didn't take any pictures during lunch because that would have been a little awkward........"Hey!  How are you?  What have you been doing the last 16 years?  Can I photograph you and blog about you?"
 
We had a really nice lunch though. It lasted 2 hours, so obviously the conversation was easy and enjoyable.
 
Elliott napped, Spencer played on my mom's iPad and Michael watched TV while I was gone.  A big monsoon storm blew through Tucson on Friday afternoon as I was driving home and dropped the temperature almost 30 degrees in less than an hour.  It was about 82 degrees when we first went outside to play.  It was actually 79 (!!!!) degrees when we came back in.
It's been so long since we were able to play outside they weren't quite sure what to do.
 
Spencer was pretending to ride Ginger again.  This time he was saying, "let's ride the range, Ginger, let's ride the range."

My mom and Spencer made a triple layered, red-white-and blue map of the United States jello for dessert on Friday night.
 
Spencer ate Arizona and Texas.
Elliott ate Florida, but I forgot the take a picture before I chopped that poor state into little bits.  Michael ate New England (minus Rhode Island, which is a story for another day) and I had New Mexico and California.

 
This was Elliott's first jello experience.

 
He was pretty pleased.
 
On Saturday Michael and I decided that although we love our children we needed an extended break from them.  So we went to a movie, then went to lunch, then went to another movie.  It was delightful. 

 
We were in the second movie when I realized we had not taken Spencer's monthly picture yet.  So we did a little photo shoot when we got home.  This kid is barreling down on age 6.   







 Is it too early to start buying stuff for his party?  It's in 2 months.  I'm pretty excited about it.

1 comment:

Cat said...

That map it a riot. How were those two movies? They were on my list of maybes.