Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

WOW! 
 
I'm blowing my own mind with my innovative and creative title for this post.  I deserve some kind of blogging award for that one.
 
I had to work on Friday to make up for the day I took off last Tuesday.  We were all up early because it was also the day that this kid left for Florida.
I drove my parents and Spencer to the airport on my way to work.  And by "on the way" I mean the airport is in the opposite direction of where I work.
Spencer complains every morning when I have to wake him up.  He had nothing but delight in his voice when I woke him up on Friday.

I worked until about 2 and then came home, we loaded up and headed to Tucson.  Despite the fact that Elliott had been up for about 4 hours straight during the night he didn't fall asleep until we had been driving for about an hour.  The whole trip takes about an hour and forty minutes.
 
Thanks Elliott. 
 
We ended up driving further than we needed to before coming back around to go to my parents house.
 
After we unpacked and got settled, we headed to Michael's parents house.  They got a new water table and little swimming pool for the kids.
 
Elliott was in water heaven.


After a feast of a dinner (that involved a 970 pound turkey) we headed back to my parents house.  This was the night that Elliott just started walking so he practiced a little more before bed time. 

Seeing as it was Mother's Day weekend Elliott took it upon himself to wake up each day before 6:00, which he never does and is totally unacceptable to me.  We were sleeping in my parents room and it just isn't dark enough in there.  Major fail on all our parts.
 
After that early start Elliott was ready for a decent nap so while he slept for 3 hours, Michael and I went to the movies. 
 
Then to Chelsea's house for our spring time get-together.   
Mother's Day brought another rudely early awakening.
 
Then we took pictures sans my first born son.
 
Ginger took his place. 
 
They were both just delighted about it.
 
 After breakfast at IHOP it was back to Michael's parents house for presents. 
I've been told that it's not good to ask for cooking or cleaning supplies as a gift for any event.  I agree with the cleaning part of it, but cooking supplies are some of my favorite things.  A new covered skillet was at the top of my Mother's Day gift list. 
 
 
Elliott was acting like a crankasauraus so we loaded up the car and hit the road around 12:45.  He fell asleep after about 1 block.  We drove almost home and then decided we didn't want him up yet so we drove an extra 30 minutes to give him a longer nap.  Good thing the freeway system in Phoenix allows you to make loops without stopping. 
 
We got home and Michael took Elliott out of the car.  He just screamed and cried, so I took him into our room, rocked him, he fell back asleep and slept for an additional hour.  I may or may not have slept with him.
 
And that's it.  That was my Mother's Day. 
 
I missed Spencer, but he was at the Magic Kingdom having the time of his life so I couldn't be too sad about it.
 

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I am sad for you that Spencer was there for the special day, but I know he was having a blast. Glad Elliott got to have some fun although he woke Mom up to early. I feel like Elliott and Brody can have such serious faces these days. that second picture of him in the water is so cute. Brody gives daddy all his best silly and happy faces. Haha! I love the classic Disney picture of Spencer on Dumbo. He is getting to experience the newest part of Magic Kingdom so I am definitely jealous! :-)

Sherry said...

correction: wasn't :-)