Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A random assortment of thoughts and photos

Elliott is well on his way to early literacy.  He loves to read.  He wants to read all day long.  There are about 10 books that he recognizes by name and can correctly retrieve if asked.
 
Barnyard Dance is one of them.
 
I'm impressed.
 
Just a very close close-up of Ginger.
I worked 4 days in a row....Thursday and Friday and then Monday and Tuesday.  Well, OK.  I did have a weekend in there.  Now I'm off for a week.  My days were all messed up because I did Friday as an extra day and Monday because my sitter needed to change days.  What does that have to do with this picture? 
 
Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.
Spencer is home!  He flew from Tampa all by himself.  He did great.
 
He is now totally exhausted and last night and tonight fell asleep in less than 20 seconds, which is totally unheard of.
It's kind of sad that I pick books to read based on when the movie versions will be released.  That's just where I am in my life. 
 
I just finished this:
 
Now I'm going to start this.  The movie comes out in June.   
I have a student that I have been trying to get to an ENT all semester.  I suspected he had velopharyngeal insufficiency (improper closing of the velum and pharynx during speech).  Because VPI can be a structural problem (that therapy will not help), or a functional problem (that therapy will help), I needed to make sure he didn't have a structual problem (like a submucosal cleft) before proceeding with his evaluation and new goals.
 
I finally, finally, finally got the ENT's report.  He does indeed have VPI (score one for me!), but his structure is intact.  Yay.  I don't have a ready to go report explaining VPI so I've been working on one for his meeting next week.  And yes, I basically use the same report with minor modifications for the majority of evaluations I do.
 
I found this awesome book online but I can only access preview pages.  So I did what any normal person would do.  I took pictures of the computer screen so I can use the info in my report.
 
He has HUGE tonsils and fronts all of his back sounds, so this explains him perfectly! 
I planted all of these flowers before Megan's baby shower.  They are actually growing and thriving.  I am shocked, and think I should investigate a second career in horticulture. 
Spencer, hours after going to bed, in the exact same position as when he laid down.  He's going to be sore in the morning.
Yes, that is a glove filled with rice on Elliott's butt.  Yes, he believes it to be my hand.
 
Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Mommy's comforting touch.  My kids are in for a lot of rude awakenings.

3 comments:

k and j said...

This is great! I've heard that the hand, rice thingy works! It is downright hilarious to see it in action! Haha.

Megan said...

I love the hand and want one.

Sherry said...

Your zombie fascination is hilarious as is the hand on the butt trick. Oh the things we do for sleep! :-)