Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Stuff

Just a little catch up post today.  I got a bit behind on regular, run of the mill stuff when I was blogging about Cathy's visit.
 
  
#1.
The day that Cathy left we took Spencer to a special Kindergarten night at his new school.  We got to meet all of the teachers and do fun activities in each room.  I think it was good for him to see the campus and know a little bit more about what to expect when he starts in July. 
 
They did not, however, give the parents any pointers about how to deal with sending your itty bitty baby off to elementary school.
 
The school mascot is the Coyote.
#2.
Last week we finally broke into Spencer's PB cup Easter egg.  There were 880 calories in the whole thing.
 
He enjoyed about 650 of those calories and then shared the rest.
#3.
Spencer had a Sonic slush that he hadn't finished waiting for later in the refrigerator.  I was getting stuff out for dinner one night and Elliott grabbed the cup and started pounding it.
 
He enjoyed it very much.
#4.
Elliott and I took Spencer to school on Friday. We came home and I made lunch for the two of us.  This is our usual schedule.  I put him in the high chair with his food and was getting my lunch ready when I glanced over and saw this: 
 
Then the microwave beeped.
 
Then this once it stopped:


This is the first time, EVER, that one of my kids has fallen asleep in the high chair.  It's laughable to think about Spencer ever having done this.  I was pretty surprised about Elliott too.  I actually wasn't sure what to do.  When it became obvious that he was really, truly asleep I picked him up, put him in bed and then ate my lunch.  He slept right up until the minute we had to leave to get Spencer.  It was totally weird.
 
#5.
I hosted a baby shower for Megan on Saturday. 
 
The theme was rain and flowers and umbrellas.

 
Ginger just made herself right at home with the ladies. 
Megan had a shower for me when I had Spencer, then I had one for her when she had Hadley, then she had one for me when I had Elliott.  Little baby girl Hollis is due next month. 
 
I got a picture of Megan and her mom, but somehow we didn't get one of the two of us.  We even talked about how we needed to take one!
#6.
Grandma and Papa got Spencer a bumper boat for the pool.  It has a motor and everything.
 
He is the captain of the high seas.
#7.
We went to a surprise party for Joni's birthday last night.  We got a baby-sitter and everything.  It was so much fun. 

#8.
Spencer is going to Florida with my parents on Friday.  The packing has begun.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

#1 As hard as it is to let them go, they love school. Evan didn't want to miss a day. Well, except this past Wednesday when he and Daddy went to the annual golf tournament, but that's for another post. Ha! But seriously, don't blink this school year or you'll miss it. This year went so fast!

#2 Yum!

#3 Chug chug chug! Go Elliott! Brody will finish any drink left unattended and can now climb up to get any we leave on the counter that used to be out of his reach. *Sigh*

#4 I so want pictures like this! That is too cute and funny. He was a very tired little guy!

#5 Seriously, I wish we were "real life" friends so I could get cute and fun baby showers. So glad you posted about Megan with a picture of her since I can't get her to start back blogging. You need to work on that, missy! :-)

#6 Awesome boat, Spencer!

#7 Yay for a night out!

#8 So jealous of Spencer right now. I really want to go back to Florida and DW!

Megan said...

How did we not get a picture of the two of us?

And trust me Sherry I am not nearly as interesting as Natalie. You would be board to death if I blogged again.

Jeannette said...

Hey, being boring doesn't stop me from blogging! ;)

Megan - you look fantastic! :)

Oh, I guess I should post something to Natalie too.. haha, j/k. I love the sequence shots of eyes closed, open, alllllmost closed, aaaaand full surrender. I've almost fallen asleep during one of Ellie's marathon length meals, but she certainly never has. Too freaking cute.

k and j said...

This is such a fun post, jam packed too! I love it. I've had all three of my kids fall asleep eating :) it's hilarious!

3in3mom said...

You are lucky to have each other as friends. Megan is the best!

Cat said...

Aww man, I was doing so well with your blog and then the end of the school year happened. I shall catch up again, I always do, it just might not be for another two weeks....