Monday, March 4, 2013

The pool and other nonsense

Why yes, this is another hodgepodge of a post.  It seems that I always have a lot of pictures I want to share, but none of them are worthy of their own post.
 
Our pool drain cover had a crack in it.  In order to fix it the entire pool needed to be drained.  This needed to be done before it gets hot since we have a pebble tec pool and it can't be left in the heat without water covering it. So, we'll end up paying 1 million dollars for the water bill in order to replace the $22 cover.  The pool guy basically did this on the last possible day of the "winter" before it gets hot.  He drained it on Thursday and then it was close to 80 (I might have actually been in the 80's- I don't remember) on Friday.
 
This was our first time going in the pool.  Ha!



OK- now we're going back in time to February 19th.  Spencer built a tower.  He was proud of it.  I thought I'd share with all of you. 
 
Now we're going reeeeeeeaaaaaally far back in time.  All the way to November, 2009.  I had bought this outfit in September for Spencer to wear on Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving day was about 79 degrees that year, thus rendering the fleece vest and pants useless.  He did wear them to an outdoor, night time party the next day.  It was the only time he wore it and this is the only picture I have of him in this outfit.
 It got really cold last week.  I put Elliott in the same outfit.  It'll probably be the only time he wears it as well. 

One of the many advantages of having kids four years apart is that the older one is truly capable of entertaining the younger one.  Spencer pushes Elliott on the train (or the Mickey airplane) around the house all the time.  They both love it.
Spencer's asthma attack lasted an entire week.  I don't think an asthma flare-up has ever lasted so long.  We went to Babies R Us and IKEA last Tuesday when I got home from work.  We ended up eating dinner at IKEA.  When we got home Spencer crawled into bed around 7:30 and fell asleep.  Except for when we woke him up around 10 to force medicine and inhalers on him he slept until 9ish the next day.  He has never, in his life, not even one time, just laid down and fallen asleep.  He was really not feeling well.
 
Oh, and consider this a sneak peek of his room.  I'm working on posts of both kids rooms for this week. 
Spencer found this Thomas shaving kit on sale at Babies R Us.  He was such a trooper with his asthma last week that we bought it for him.  He was pretty thrilled. 
 



 
Elliott spends every bath trying to drink all of the water in the entire tub.
 
He also tried to eat the shaving cream.
 
My friend Megan (my roommate at the Univeristy of New Hampshire, not my friend Megan who I met the 1st day of 1st grade) sent the kids these Boston shirts for Christmas.  I wanted to take their picture and show her how cute they were in their shirts.  I also thought it was a fabulous idea to include the dog she gave me for my 20th birthday in 1999.
 
This one was rejected for obvious reasons.
 
Not so much.

We're getting closer, but Elliott was blocking his shirt.
 
And then this was even worse.
 
Not perfect, but I'll take it!
 
Thanks for the shirts, Megan.  Spencer pointed out that we should have included the lobster lollipop you gave him in the picture.  I said we would have if he hadn't eaten it the day after Christmas.  We could have included Elliott's Boston book, but one prop was all we could handle.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I think I may just have "issues" but those pictures of the boys standing in the bottom of the swimming pool totally freak me out. Haha! Especially the ones where Spencer is in the deep end. So on to happier subjects, Elliott just seems to get cuter and cuter doesn't he? I think I felt the same way about both of my boys at his age...it is just my favorite stage. They still have all their cute baby looks (chubby cheeks, legs, etc.), but they are just doing so many more things. I don't know if that makes sense, but I just want to squeeze and kiss Elliott's little cheeks. Yep, I'm gonna be one of those little old ladies who squeeze babies' cheeks. Ha! Not to leave Spencer out, that picture of him sleeping in his new space bedroom may be my favorite picture of him yet. Those big boys can still look so sweet when they are sleeping, huh? :-)

mintmegan said...

LOVE the shirt series! You really have Spencer trained so well with the pics, to know which props to include, etc.
Also, your pool is huge.

Cat said...

Aww cute shirts, nice work Megan. It's always nice to see you featured in one of Natalie's blogs. :)