Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Children's Museum on Tuesday

Spencer has been asking to go to the Phoenix Children's Museum for the last 6 months.  The last time we went was about 6 weeks before Elliott was born.  It was one of the places I was most terrified of taking Elliott when he was so sick.  Too many kids. Too many germs.  I'm over that now though and we've been planning on going on this day for a while since I'm on spring break.
 
This post is very, very, very, very, very (very, very, very) picture heavy.  I'll try to be brief with my narration since most of you have something else you need to do today.
 
We started with the indoor tree house.
 


And then moved on to the sucking and spitting tunnels.  I don't know how else to describe them.  They suck in gauzy handkerchiefs, shoot them through the tunnels and then spit them out at the top.

 
Elliott played in the baby area under the tree house.


 
He made some new baby friends.
Then it was on to the bicycle car wash. 
 
Spencer can never remember what the museum is called (which is weird because he remembers everything else) and he always says he wants to go to that fun place where you ride a bike through a car wash. 
 


 
Go Team Elliott! 
 
This was new since the last time we were here.  The fort room.  We spent a lot of time in here today.

 
 
 
Elliott in his little hobbit hole. 
 
 
Making more baby friends.

On to the painting room.  They had the same rocket the last time we were there, but it was orange and red.  I know because I looked at those pictures.  I didn't actually remember something like that.

 
 
 
Elliott played with the light sand table.  I don't quite trust him with a bucket of paint and a brush. 
 
Then it was on to the noodle forest.  Elliott loved this.  He had a great time batting the pool noodles around. 
 
Another hobbit hole.
 
Another light table- this time with plastic blocks. 

 
Both of them in a hobbit hole. 
At this point we split up and Michael and Spencer went to the play grocery store, the pizza kitchens and the ball chute room.  They had the camera.  Despite the fact that I texted Michael like 5 times and reminded him to take pictures he took NO pictures.  This is why I am in none of our pictures.  If I leave Michael totally in charge of the picture taking for this family we'd get a picture of our kids when they graduate from high school. And their heads will be cut off.
 
Elliott and I went to the baby room.  Michael brought me the camera at some point.

 
Elliott spent a lot of time in that dark corner. 
The flash made it really bright, but it's  actually quite dark in there and it looks like animal eyes are looking out from a bush.
 
 
He had a blast pulling at the plastic plants. 


Spencer also loves this ice cream stand.  It's another thing he talks about a lot when he asks if we can go back to the museum. 


 
One more trip to the tree house and then we were done.
 
Spencer is in these next 2 pictures.  See if you can find him. 
 
He's there.  I promise. 
 
After the museum we went to lunch at Cooperstown.  I forgot my camera in the car though.  There was nothing really special about it.  The kids ate grilled cheese sandwiches and mandarin oranges.  I had a burger.  Michael had a buffalo chicken wrap.  The hostess and waitress had Alice Cooper eye make- up on.  Spencer didn't even notice.
 
When we got home Elliott went down for another glorious 3 hour nap and I worked out.
 
Michael took Spencer in for his allergy panel blood draw and then out for frozen yogurt.  I had told Spencer that it was OK to cry but he had to cooperate and he couldn't throw a fit.  I didn't think he would, but having blood drawn is not my favorite thing to do and I wasn't sure how he would react.  It is pretty creepy.  The reward for doing a good job was as many junky toppings as he wanted.  We usuallly push the fruit and limit the candy.  Michael said that Spencer was awesome and it was a total non-issue.  He didn't even flinch and he definitely didn't cry. 
 
 
After Elliott got up I sanded the dining room door frames and did a second layer of wood filler.  I could not find my safety googles so I used sun glasses.  That's how I sanded the entire dish hutch when I refinished it.  It's really quite shocking I have eyes left. 
 
Despite his 3 hours nap Elliott was pretty tired at dinner.  That museum just wore him out.  I think we should get a membership and go 3 times a week.  If only it wasn't so far away. 

 
 
Tonight is Spencer's last night with his palate expander and mask.  We go to the orthodontist in the morning.  I can't believe it's done.  We already bought gum for him to chew.  I had no idea he missed gum so much.  He's had like 6 pieces his entire life. 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Yay! You are finally getting to get out with both boys! So fun! Can you imagine how much fun you will have this summer...well, if you can bear the heat that is. Of course, you could make a trip to the east coast and we could all meet up at the beach. ;-)