Thursday, March 21, 2013

Movies on Thursday

My Thursday technically started at 11:45 pm on Wednesday night.  That was when Elliott woke up crying for the second time.  I rocked with him until 12:30.  He still hadn't fallen back to sleep and I was, honestly, getting pretty pissed.  I decided that I was going to bed.  No more rocking.  He was just going to have to go to sleep on his own.  Yeah.  After about 650 rounds of crying, then talking, then crying, then playing with the blankets in his crib, then crying, I looked at my phone for the 651st time and saw that it was 3:15 am.  Elliott still hadn't fallen asleep.   I then woke up at 5:00 am and he was sleeping peacefully. This tells me that he fell asleep sometime between 3:15 and 5:00.  Lovely.  Do you think he slept later to make up for his 4 hour middle of the night playtime?  Not so much.
 
I had originally told my sitter that I didn't need her today since I didn't have to go to work.  Then I thought about it and realized that I could actually go and do something fun for myself if she came to watch my kids.  I have actually never used a sitter (not counting grandparents) for anything other than going to work.  Never.  Well, except for when Monica came and watched them for our anniversary.  Other than that, never.
 
So, Dorothy came over at 9:00 this morning.  I happily handed over my kids and did this workout:

Then I took a shower, got ready and headed to the movies.
I saw Oz, Great and Powerful.  It was really good.  Honestly though, it could have been footage of paint peeling and I probably would have enjoyed it as long as it didn't have a soundtrack of a baby screeching.
 
I ate popcorn for lunch.  It was a good choice.
 
After the movie I walked over to Starbucks and got a tall blonde roast.  Then I just sat there and enjoyed the quiet.
 
Michael was in Tucson all day at a training.  It ended pretty early, so he actually got home significantly earlier than if he had been at work all day and drove home in rush hour.  We took the opportunity to go to Costco for much needed items like broccoli. And string cheese.  And chicken nuggets.   I wanted to buy the 6 pack of carrot cake cupcakes and eat at least 5 of them for dinner, but I refrained. 
 
After Costco we went to Carters, because everything is 50% off right now. 
 
When Spencer was at the doctor yesterday he weighed in at 41 pounds.  That was in clothes and after he had eaten.  This morning, in light pajamas, before breakfast he was 40.0 pounds.  Minus the pajamas he was probably 39.8, but this is the first time that he has ever broken into the 40 pound range on our scale.  He has also grown almost 2 inches since his 5 year check-up. 
 
(UPDATE: On Friday morning while totally naked he was 39.4 pounds.  Dang! So close.)
 
I went through his shorts today and took clothes that fit him last summer and literally put them straight into Elliott's dresser.  Spencer was wearing a pair of 18-24 month shorts LAST.  SUMMER.  He had 5 pairs of 2T shorts that he wore as recently as 5 months ago.  They actually still technically fit, but they are getting short so I'm not letting him wear them anymore. 
 
We're going to the mall to see the Easter Bunny tomorrow so we got some cute coordinating outfits.  You'll see.  Tomorrow.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I love how you included images of Costco, Starbucks & the Carter's sale. That is all.

Jeannette said...

Wow, he finally broke 40 for 37 seconds! We were just talking about that last month, weren't we? Ellie is holding strong at 24 still.

Also, we may go see Oz this weekend, but the paint peeling sounds tempting too.

Glad you had a nice break! :)

Maryellen said...

I'm sorry there was so much missed sleep on Wednesday!! Your Natalie day sounded great!!

k and j said...

I love days like this...you lucky!

okay Elliott sounds like NOLAN! the kid still wakes me every.single.night and has since he was a NEWBORN. he is now 3 1/2, lord help me.