Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

  It was a busy day for me.  I worked until 2:50.  Then I got my teeth cleaned, voted and went to a carpet store.   After all of that I picked up Michael, Spencer and Elliott.  We went to Target and out to dinner.  After dinner we stopped at Hobby Lobby and Walgreens.  Then we came home, took showers and I got Elliott down for bed.  We were just about to head to Spencer's room for his bedtime when he looked at me and said, "Mom.  You know what you forgot today?  You forgot to take my picture and you need to because today is the 6th."
 
5 years 2 months old and he is now responsible for and excited about having his monthly picture taken.  Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!  I have raised him well.
 
He thought it would be fun to try some pictures in the guest bed.  

 
Things got goofy.

 
I wasn't so thrilled with the backdrop, so we headed to Elliott's room to try out his curtains as a background.


 
The official 5 years 2 months photo. 
 
That's not at all what you were expecting from the title, right?
 
I think I'd prefer to keep my political views to myself in the context of this blog.  It's too difficult to have an actual discussion through blogging and then it just leads to resentment and bitter feelings.
 
I will say that I am THRILLED that the election is over and maybe people will now stop being nasty to each other on facebook and in other social medias.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

So funny that he reminded you to take his picture! Haha! Yep, you definitely raised him right! :-)

Spencer, personally, I like the green teeth the best. I am sure you agree. ;-)

Megan said...

I thought elections being over would make FB safe...I was wrong. This morning was the worst. I am so glad to be done!

Maryellen said...

How adorable!! It's also another reason I think Spencer is a boy genius. NONE of my students can remember when their actual birthdays are!!

I too am happy that the election is over. I can't tell you how many nasty messages were left on our answering machine from a particular political party. Um, and they didn't change my mind one bit!!

Cat said...

I was extremely excited to say good-bye to the ANNOYING political ads.