Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Deli

Just over 11 months ago I took Spencer to a deli for lunch before school.  I was 33 weeks and a few days pregnant.  We were sitting in a corner booth when I had a little less than 10 second back spasm.  Having just been warned (at a doctor's appointment) that back pain can be a sign of labor and having already had a premature baby I decided to drop Spencer off at school and go to the hospital to get checked out.  Little did I know, as we left that deli, that it would be 2 weeks before I checked out of the hospital and I would do so with a baby and about 50% less muscle mass from my strict bed rest. 
 
We took Elliott to that deli for dinner tonight.  It's the first time I've been back. Elliott was a fetus the last time he was there.  This time he ate grapes.

 
And a grilled cheese sandwich.

 
And a banana, like a big boy.

 
Not one to be outdone by his little brother, Spencer wanted a picture of his big bite of cookie.

And Michael (who had no grey hair when I met him almost 16 years ago!) checked facebook at the table.
I asked Michael if he thought it would be stupid for us to take pictures in the infamous booth.  He said yes.  That sealed the deal.  TO THE BOOTH! 
 
A recreation of what we looked like last time.
 
And what we look like now.

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

I LOVE this post!! You guys have had quite the year. It makes me very happy to see your cute, healthy and happy boys!!!!