Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Are you blown away by my creative title?  Imaginative, I know.

The day started out with several surprises. #1. Spencer had to pee at 5:10 am.  He ended up in bed with me after.  It has been months since he came in our bed that early. #2. Michael, literally on his way out the door, sees Spencer in bed with me, decides to not go to work and instead to come back to bed for a cuddle with us.  Imagine my surprise when I woke up at 7:00 with Mr. Hungry Elliott.

It did make for a nice morning though. 

We got to give Spencer his V-day presents together.


Then I got to take a shower without a screaming baby waiting for me. That's all the gift I need.

Then we did a photo shoot.

Elliott's First Valentine's Day!
I just love this one. Really. I think the fuss face is adorable.
Both the top and pants are 3 months. They are a bit big still.
The brothers



Michael left for work right after this and I had my first outing alone with both kids. We went to the apothecary shop for Elliott's liver medication.  It took 20 minutes.  Only 1 of them cried the whole time. I consider that successful.

We got some disappointing news yesterday. Elliott is still having seizures. The neurologist said he was stumped. Not what we wanted to hear. We were so surprised by the news that we didn't think of any questions until we got home. Now we have a million questions.

The neurologist did start Elliott on a new seizure medication- one that is processed by the kidneys, not the liver, since the liver doctor wants him off the phenobarbital in case it is messing with his liver function (since it is processed by the liver). It will take us a month to wean him off the phenobarbital (it is a barbituate and can not be stopped cold turkey or he will have symptoms of withdrawal) so for now he is on both.  More frustration!

The only good thing was that he had gained a good amount of weight and grown another inch.  His 2 month check-up is on Friday so I will report the official stats then.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Really? There are really apothecary shops still? I had no idea. Sorry about the seizure news but maybe the new medication will work better. Glad he is growing well!

k and j said...

Poor little man :( he is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen though ;)

Elisa said...

Poor baby Elliott. I hope the doctors figure it out soon!