Sunday, February 12, 2012

Aloha Wedding

I know I just barely got done telling you that Elliott was on lockdown and that we weren't going anywhere because of his house arrest.  Well, we broke our own rules yesterday and went to a wedding.  We know it was a big risk, but we took some precautions, we got through it and we are glad we went.  We'll eat those words and slap ourselves if Elliott gets sick this week.

Kathy and Bobby got engaged right after Spencer was born.  They talked about getting married right away and I was sick to my stomach thinking about how we were going to take Spencer to their wedding.  He just cried all the time and was overwhelmed by noise and crowds.  It would have been impossible.  Well, one thing led to another and it took them 4 years to get married.  We wish they had taken 3 so that we didn't have our newest newborn to take.  Ha!  But Elliott did 150% better than Spencer ever would have.  We really, truly would not have been able to take Spencer at 8 weeks. 

We tried to get a good picture of the boys before we left. Elliott is wearing a 3 month outfit.  It's the other outfit I bought him the day we found out he was a boy.  I'm amazed it fits him.  I think it's on the smaller side of 3 months though.
We got there early and I nursed in the car before the wedding.  We had a whole blanket cave/fort thing going, as much for protection from the sun as for privacy.  It was 80 degrees yesterday.
I put Elliott in the moby wrap before we even walked in.  He was facing me the whole time and once he fell asleep I covered his head.  I stayed away from people and if anyone walked towards me I kind of aimed Elliott away from them.  I came across as pretty rude, but I was trying to protect him.
The whole wedding was a Hawaiian/Aloha theme.  It was held at a very unique Hawaiian reception place.
Both Bobby and Kathy have been married before and have children from those marriages, so all of their kids were in the wedding.

My friend Brendan is Kathy's brother (did puzzle pieces just click in your brain?).  He gave her away.
The happy couple.

Spencer and Monica, Kathy's daughter.

Kathy's son got them a double bike.
After our luau dinner there was an entire Hawaiian show, including flame dancing.
The wedding party got their chance to dance too!

Again, we tried to get a good picture before we left.  Elliott was done by the end of the night, though.  He did so good the whole time, right up until we left.  Our fault for waiting until the end of the night for the photo op.
He screamed the whole way home and was in no mood for pictures once we got home.
He is pretty darling though.  I neglected to take a picture of him on Friday when he was 8 weeks (2nd child syndrome again) so this is 8 weeks 1 day.  He'll be 2 months this week.  I can't believe it.
I know it was risky taking him to the wedding, but we really did not want to miss it and it is the only event this spring that we'll take him to.  There were only a couple of kids (2 others besides Spencer) and I kept a 50 foot radius from them at all times.  Transportation Day is in 2 weeks and I'm sad that Elliott and I will miss it but that place will be a hot bed of kids and germs.  Michael and Spencer are going though.  It'll just be that much more fun when we go next year when Elliott is 14 months (!).

2 comments:

Maryellen said...

What a cool wedding! Elliott was probably very appreciative of the outing. Babies get cabin fever too ;).

k and j said...

Don't feel bad for taking him :) he will be fine because you were so careful.