Friday, February 10, 2012

Pinterest Projects

I mentioned before that I joined Pinterest a while ago.  I don't remember exactly when I joined, but the first board I ever created was "ideas for the baby".  That means I created it before we knew Elliott was a boy.  That happened in August.  The board has since been renamed "Elliott".

I really started using Pinterest a lot when Elliott came home from the hospital (the sepsis time, not the birth time.  I hate that I have to specify).  I needed something to do and look at while nursing.  I don't want to just pin stuff though.  I really want to do/make the things I pin.

Here are some of the things we have done so far:

Blowing up Ivory soap in the microwave.

Very fun.

World's best chocolate chip cookies.

Spencer and I have made these twice.  They really are delicious.  The secret seems to be adding cornstarch.  Makes them have a very nice texture.

Using a big clip to keep your cell phone charger from falling

Terrible picture......simple idea that works very well.

Cinnamon Apple Chips

Tasty and they made the house smell amazing.

Marble painting

Not so successful.  Our paint was too thick and the marbles got stuck.  Spencer finished it with a paintbrush.  We're going to try again with thinner paint.




Cheesy cauliflower "pancakes"

They were delicious.

Oreo cookies and cream bars

Great flavor but way, way, way too chewy.

Cream Cheese Banana Bread

We did muffins instead of loaves.  Delicious!  A real keeper. 
We used leftover muffin liners from Elliott's baby shower. 

Shower Head Cleaner

Didn't work for us. 

These are the projects we have planned for this weekend:

1) Valentines for Spencer's classmates.

We bought the bugs, we just need to get some brown paper.

2) Some kitchen art.

I printed these, 
and I'm combining it with this idea.  Instead of modge podging pictures on painted wood, I'm modge podging the printables. 

3) Making chocolate chip granola bars 

Want to see/follow the links for all these cool things?  I was fancy and added a "follow me on pinterest" button up there on the right under my "About Me" section.

2 comments:

The GVZs said...

I can't wait to try a lot of these ideas. Especially the ivory soap one.

Cat said...

I just joined Pinterest. I want to follow you, but I fear doing so will cause me to gain 100 lbs as those foods look SO GOOD. Also, I like the marble painting. I do it with the kids once a year, usually in June. :)