Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oh Spencer

What is up with the facial injuries?  Why the face?  Always the face.

Couldn't you bruise your knee?  Or your arm?  Or somewhere else that clothing could cover?  Do you know how many black eyes this is in your short 4 years?  I'm seriously asking because I have lost track.

We've taken you to the ER twice.  Both times were, shockingly, facial injuries.

And while we're on the topic of all these facial injuries, why are they always before important photographs?  Like your 3 year pictures, 4 generation pictures, 4 year pictures and Christmas pictures?

Why? Why? Why?

We went to the park with some friends after school today.  Bethany and Trevor (siblings) are Spencer's newest, best school friends.  We've been having play dates and park dates with them for about 6 weeks.  Luckily their mom, Erin, and I are fast friends as well.

The kids are very independent and play on their own.  Erin and I get to sit and chat and occasionally a kid will come over to tell us something before going back to play.  It's lovely. When we were packing up to leave today Spencer came over with a huge bruise on his face.  He told me he couldn't tell me what happened, he had to show me what happened.  Then he reenacted the scene.  Turns out he ran, full force, into a metal ladder when he and Trevor were chasing some girls.  What's amazing is that he didn't even report this to me when it happened.  It was probably a good hour before I knew he had hurt himself.

As the night progressed the bruise on his forehead turned into a bruise and huge bump on his forehead and a pretty good shiner around his eye.  He hardly ever complains about anything being painful, but when we got home he said his head hurt, so I have him some Tylenol.  2 minutes later he reported it wasn't working.  It also wasn't working at 4 minutes, 5 minutes, 6 minutes, 10 minutes and 11 minutes later.  Then it started working.  I expect it will wear off around 11 pm and we'll have a visitor later tonight.

This has nothing to do with the events of today, but this is our latest pottery creation:

I am going to have to think of something small to serve on this for Thanksgiving. 

Ideas?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh no poor Spencer! At least he is tough, that's amazing he didn't tell you right away. Hope he heals quickly!

Megan said...

It's been 4 days since your last blog post. While I have seen you 3 times since Wednesday I demand an update. How am I supposed to avoid cleaning my office or working if you haven't posted!?!

Maryellen said...

Spencer has already begun girl chasing? You've got troubles Girl. I think you should serve cherry tomatoes with mozzarella on the turkey plate.