Thursday, November 10, 2011

Get your jam on

When Spencer was just a wee little thing I dressed him, almost exclusively, in one piece outfits.  You know the kind-  feet built in, snap up or zip up, cute little animal on the front.  Likely made by Carters.  They are easy, adorable and cheap to buy.
In hindsight these outfits may have been the reason he cried non-stop for 4 months. 
It's a working theory based on what happened when Spencer was about two.  That was the winter that he was old enough to actually voice an opinion and his opinion was that he HATED the built-in feet.  So I had to cut all the feet off of his pajamas.  Then he was OK.
Last winter, being the dare devil I am, I bought a pair of footy pajamas thinking that maybe he had changed his ways.  They were a no go.  But I didn't cut the feet off.  We just kept them in the drawer all winter.

We had a cold front move in over the weekend and Spencer told us that he was cold in his bed.  The easy solution would be to sleep under the covers, but he still refuses to do that, so we pulled out the footy pajamas.  He put them on and thought they were awesome.  He just laughed and laughed about how cool they were and how they had feet on them.
Since they went over so well we went to Costco on Monday and bought 2 more pairs.

They have been equally well received.
I am so happy, especially because he looks delicious in them.
Additionally, in non-pajama related news, in was cold enough to wear fleece this week.  This is the official 4 year-2 month picture.  I posted it on facebook and my friend Sandra told me she had just bought this outfit for Elliott.  I am so excited that my boys will have a matching outfit.  I can't wait.
On our Tuesday night walk Spencer wore a winter hat and a jacket.  It was that cold.
This is our front yard.  I did not let him shake the tree in a neighbor's yard.  Paul the fish is buried under that brick.  Spencer thinks he is lonely and tries to visit him as much as I will let him.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

I love the foot pajama! Those puppy ones are especially adorable!

Karen said...

Heehee, Spencer is funny. Good thing kids change their minds so often.

Cat said...

Mike told me at Christmas time that he wanted footie pajamas. I wonder if they make them for adults.