Sunday, November 20, 2011

Baby Shower

My wonderful friend Megan had a wonderful baby shower for me and Elliott on Saturday.  Megan also had a shower for me when I was pregnant with Spencer.  I thought it would be fun to do a comparison of me at both showers, but then I looked at the pictures from 2007 and decided against it. 

Here's the deal:  I was 34 weeks pregnant at my Spencer shower.  It was August.  It was Phoenix.  It was 110+ degrees that day.  I took a shower, did my make-up, styled my hair and was dripping with sweat by the time the first person arrived.  My hair was drenched and my make-up was washed away.  I look awful in all of those pictures.  Awful.  I don't want to look at them in private, so I certainly don't want to post them online.

I will note that Spencer was born less than 2 weeks after that shower.  I hope and pray that Elliott does not follow the same schedule.

Anyway.  On to the fun part.

Megan was a childless newlywed when she had my first shower.  Now she has a 2 year old.  I wanted to help in some way since she was doing so much work.  I volunteered to do dessert. 

I made chocolate toffee cupcakes,


and pumpkin whoopie pies.
Megan whipped up a beautiful diaper cake.

These are some of Elliott's new clothes being used as decoration.
Sandy
Joni and Maryellen
Saying hi to Elliott
The hostess with the mostess.
My mom (Carol), aunt Karen, aunt Kathy, Lois and my mother-in-law (Jeanne)
My mom
Kathy, Brittany and Monica with Archie.
I kicked Archie out of his love nest so I could be in the picture.  He was not happy.
We played games.

I sucked at multi-tasking with clothes pins.
And of course there were awesome gifts. 
 Joni made these!
I had just finished telling everyone about how Kathy always buys me pig presents when I opened this piggy bank from her and Brittany.
My aunt Karen and I always give each other reindeer and moose presents (it's a long family story).  She did not disappoint.
Here's the co-sleeper.  Pretty dang excited about this thing.

It was a wonderful party shared with wonderful people.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Megan.  I appreciate your friendship, thoughtfulness and generosity more than you'll ever know. 

4 comments:

Megan said...

I loved having your shower and will do it over and over and over until you have all 8 addition siblings Spencer has requested. Sure do hope that Elliott has plans to stay put a little longer than Spencer.

PS - Thanks for making dessert. So yummy!

Maryellen said...

It was a great shower!!

Krista said...

You look great Natalie! No drippy sweat, just a great pregnant glow!

Cat said...

Looks like a nice day :)