Saturday, October 29, 2011

A successful Saturday

Today was a big day.  We didn't do any one thing that was so BIG.  Rather it was a bunch of little things that added up to a big day.

First, a stop at the pumpkin patch.



Spencer kept asking me to take his picture with the little pumpkins.




We'll be carving these babies tomorrow.
Second, a stop at Hobby Lobby.
I have wanted this sign for the kitchen since June, when I first saw it.  A miracle of miracles happened today- #1)  It was actually available; and at the same time #2) It was on sale.  With very few exceptions I refuse to buy anything at Hobby Lobby unless it is at least 50% off.
I think it looks très chic.
Third, we popped in to Costco.  In addition to some of the best Saturday samples we've had in a long time, we got treats for the kids on Monday.
And a little treat for ourselves.  Can you read what is says?  Chocolate Walnut Artisan Loaf.  I wish we had bought two.
Finally, a stop at Home Depot for a surprise for this little lady.
Our entire backyard is concrete and rocks.  I feel bad that Ginger doesn't even have a little patch of grass to nap on.  We do have 4 circular cut-outs in the concrete.  We decided to buy some grass sod to put in the "planters".  Ginger, even laying on her side, fits within the circumference of the circle and already lays on the dirt a lot.
Spencer saw me taking pictures so he ran to get his newly found camera so he could do the same (we had lost this camera for a long time and just found it last night).

I took a picture of him taking a picture of me.
The whole project cost us $15. The sod doesn't look so wonderful right now, but hopefully it will green up in a few days.
We're debating going out for dinner tonight.  Our budget is still recovering from the Disneyland trip and me not having a paycheck for the week I was off for fall break.  Dinner will blow our whole budget.
I could really go for this right about now:
Could we just pretend that Elliott is demanding it?

8:15 pm update:
We went to a nearby diner that we like.  My ribeye (hidden under all the mushrooms and onions) was overcooked, but it was still tasty.  I even splurged in a major way and got a diet coke.  That's my 3rd soda of this pregnancy.  That's 2 more than I had with Spencer.

It's been a good day.

3 comments:

k and j said...

you have such a fun little family! it will be even more fun with little elliott!!

Megan said...

Looks like fun! I am SO jealous of your weather right now. We were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch today, but as you know, there is 4" of snow on the ground & it's 35 degrees out. Also, where is Michael's festive Halloween shirt?? I need to buy one for Marc, he has 0. I think men's festive shirts in general are lacking, have you noticed that? I'm sure they'd all like to keep it that way...

Cat said...

I realize this is silly of me to say since it's like 2 1/2 months late, but I'm a little jealous that you get to wear flip flops in October! We had a rare snowstorm in Oct, but thankfully, have had less than an inch of snow since then.