Friday, October 21, 2011

A bad day turned better

Like I said in my previous post, Michael and Spencer were sleeping peacefully while I was in the hospital all night.  Well.  Spencer was.  Michael was, understandably, a bit worried and agitated.  He slept better than I did though.  They slept in in the morning and then went to Disneyland.

Before I had left for the ER I took the time to make sure Michael had the camera and that he knew where the battery charger was so he could be ready to go in the morning if I didn't make it back in time.  I met up with them at California Adventure at about 4:00.  They had been in the parks since 9:00.   7 hours. 

These are the pictures that Michael took:

Yeah.  That's right.  Nothing.  Not a single snapshot the entire day.  It's a good thing Michael is not reponsible for pictures in our family.

The first thing we did once I finally joined my family was take turns going on Soarin' Over California, our favorite ride.  Spencer needs 2 more inches before he can go, so I went first while Michael waited with him and then we switched.

Spencer and I did a "senior in high school" photo shoot while we were waiting.



Then we headed back to Disneyland and got the standard "in front of the castle with Walt Disney and Mickey statues" pictures.


We were trying to eat at different retaurants this time around.  We tend to just go to where we went last time.  We have somehow never eaten at Carnation Cafe so we had decided to make that our last meal.
 I totally didn't take this picture.  I got it from google images.
I did take this one.
We had gotten ice cream cones the previous 2 days so we decided to shake things up and go for a Matterhorn Sundae to share.
Our waiter asked if we were prepared for the massive size of the sundae and joked that nobody can handle the 2 pounds of whipped cream on top.  We joked back that we love whipped cream and he should add a little extra layer.

Instead he brought us a plate with extra whipped cream.  We gave him a generous tip.  And we ate every single bite.
After dinner we checked out the fire department on Main Street.
Then we went on rides for about 4 hours.

Our camera broke during the Winnie the Pooh ride.  The lens got stuck in the zoom position and we couldn't close it, turn it off or do anything really. 


We stayed at Disneyland until it closed that night at 11.  But there are no more pictures.  I took a couple on my phone, but they aren't very good.

And that's it.  Just like that our Disneyland adventure was over. 

Spencer is working on my parents to take him again after he turns 5.  We probably won't go as a family for 2-3 (closer to 3) years.  Boo.

P.S. My dad fixed the camera two days later.  Don't worry.  The blog will continue to thrive with 80% more pictures than are necessary.

4 comments:

Michael said...

In my defense, there was nothing new for me to take pictures of. We went on the same rides and didn't see any characters we hadn't already had a picture with.

Kendra Forgacs said...

I like Michael's comment (I also like that he read the blog!) Sounds like a great Disneyland experience, despite the ER and I'm so thankful you and baby are fine. We won't be back to Disneyland for probably 2 years now which bums me out too.

The other night Stevie took SHyla to Disney on Ice with specific instructions to take pictures. He took one.

Megan said...

Let's plan a UNH reunion with children at Disney World in 2022.

Cat said...

LOL, love Megan's comment.