Sunday, October 9, 2011

Michael

I have two Michael stories that are too good not to share.

#1.  The three of us were sitting at the table eating dinner.  A typical night.  I was looking at our glasses and just sort of thinking out loud.  I told Michael and Spencer that we got those glasses as a wedding shower gift, so we've had them for almost 10 years.  I thought it was amazing that we had a set of glasses that we have used every day for almost 10 years, have moved 4 times and have never broken a single one.

The next morning Michael knocked one of the glasses over in the sink and it shattered.
Now we have 9, because, also strangely, although we registered for 12 somebody gave us 10 and I somehow never went and bought 2 more.

#2.  All three of us got up on Thursday morning and were getting ready for work, work and going to Megan's house (me, Michael and Spencer respectively).  I was telling Michael and Spencer that I had a funny dream that we were at the grocery store and were at the check-out line.  All of a sudden I remembered that we had forgotten the coffee creamer and I sent Michael running to the back of the store to get pumpkin spice coffee creamer.

Then Michael tells me that he also had a dream about the three of us.  He said, "we were driving in the car.  You (meaning me, Natalie) were driving and all of a sudden, with no warning, you just drove us off a bridge."

Well thanks a lot.  Shows what my husband's unconcious mind thinks about me.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

funny!
I had a recurring dream in high school about driving off a bridge. Never did though. (You know, in case you were wondering if I had in fact driven off a bridge and forgotten to mention it at school the next day)

Megan said...

I love that you included "going to Megan's house" and it had nothing to do with your story! :-) We love having Spencer Thursdays and if I didn't value our friendship so much I would kidnap him for my own!