Monday, December 6, 2010

Loserville

We were in Tucson over the weekend.  We had a Christmas party with Laura, Chelsea, Karen and their families.  I should be blogging about that party.  I will be blogging about that party.  I have some issues I need to address first.  Here's a sneak peak of the trifle I made (dessert's the only part of a party that really matters, right?)
Michael has been sick for 2 weeks.  It was a typical, run of the mill cold that has now invaded his lungs and won't let go.  I've been fighting off this same cold for 2 weeks, but it finally took me down on Sunday.  Spencer has croup.  Again.  Nobody is sleeping well.  Michael and Spencer start the night in one room (Michael in ours and Spencer in his) and end the night in another (Michael in the guest room and Spencer in ours).  Ginger just roams the house looking for beds and people to sleep with.  It's all very disruptive.

Anyhoo.  We packed up and left Tucson on Sunday evening.  We forgot to bring the baby monitors back with us.  We really can't survive without them, what with all the bed switching going on between the hours of  midnight and 5 am.  I decided that I would stop by Babies R Us after work today and just buy new ones.  We'd been talking about doing it anyway so we could just leave the old ones in Tucson all the time.

So, I'm at work and I stop by the bathroom where the zipper on my pants just falls apart.  The little tab thing just broke off leaving me with a gaping whole.  Great.  I hike my pants way up and pull my shirt way down.  I go to Babies R Us.  Their selection sucks.  I go and pick Spencer up from school.  His teacher tells me he refused to eat and cried during lunch.  We go to Buy Buy Baby.  We buy a monitor.  As we're leaving Spencer tells me his ear hurts.  He's never had an ear infection.  I start to worry.  We drive home.  Ginger is all excited to see us.  I go to get the bag with the monitor.  No bag.  No monitor.  I managed to buy ONE THING and leave it in the cart.  It's lucky I managed to get Spencer home.  I call the store, wait for 12 minutes, find out that it was still in the cart in the parking lot.  We put Ginger, who is still freaking out, in the car and drive back through the same construction site, my 5th time of the day, to get the monitor.

This is it.  It's pretty, but hardly worth the hassle.
This is Ginger in the car.  This dog is always soundly asleep within 2 minutes.  She sat the whole way because she was quite confused about just what the hell was going on.

Spencer got to watch more Little Einsteins, so he was happy.
So, I managed to get everybody and everything in to the house.  Spencer takes a nap.  I call and make an appointment for the pediatrician.  Spencer gets up and I take pictures because he is 3 YEARS 3 MONTHS old.






Right after this picture of him on the bed is taken he starts coughing so hard he throws up.  I let him eat chocolate ice cream for dinner.

Seriously.  We have lost control over here.  What in the hell is going on?  Busted zippers, alzheimer's mother, musical beds, ice cream for dinner.  It's mayhem.  To top it all off, because Michael and I are card carrying members of Losers R Us, we forgot to turn Paul's light off before we left for Tucson.  The poor fish got 50 straight hours of light.  He has entered his castle and won't come out.  He's slowly committing suicide in there, I'm sure of it.  We tortured him until his mind cracked.
We obviously suck at life.  Can somebody come up with a plan of redemption?  Preferably in some sort of list form in a word document?

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

This post really made me laugh and if you need some company in Loserville - I am available. I went to Sonic yesterday - paid , got my drink and left without getting my breakfast burrito. ARRRGG!

I just have to say I think baby monitors are the best invention EVER! I don't plan to give mine up until Eliza is like 16 or so. You know what probably not even then because then I could use it to hear all the terrible things she says about me during her teenage diva years!

I hope all of you are feeling better soon and that Paul is recovering from is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I would really like to send you a Christmas card - would you mind sending me your address? My e mail is J10T10@yahoo.com.

Karen said...

I am so sorry to hear about your day yesterday! That sucks. Hope today is going better for you! If you want me to bring the whole family some ice cream for dinner tonight I am available :)

Chelsea said...

Oh I am SO sorry that you guys are having a tough week!
We had ice cream for dinner last night, without even the excuse of sickness.
Hope you all feel better soon. And I hope Paul decides that he does, in fact, have reason to live.

Megan said...

What a day...would it make you feel better or worse if I told you that we have a baby monitor all wrapped up and in our give away box in Hadley's closet? If you want it it's yours. Although at this point I wouldn't expect you are up for making another trip baby to the store to return the one you bought!

Anyway, get better cuz we have plans this week you know!

Maryellen said...

Your post was awesome. They all are but this one reminded me of that guy who wrote "Marley and Me". Is Paul still alive?

Laura said...

Still waiting for the blog about the party. Gosh... (talk about alzheimers).

Cat said...

For two days this week, I managed to drop everything I picked up--dropped and broke an adorable Christmas bowl, dropped breadcrumbs and spilled them all over the kitchen, dropped a cookie cake--lovely mess, dropped a good chunk of dough for Oreo cookie balls--I'm telling you keep all breakables away from me--actually today has gone much better. I washed and successfully put away some glasses.