Thursday, December 16, 2010

Flashback Thursday

Holy smokes!  It's been a long time since I did a flashback.  I have to be honest- I don't do them much because it involves having to scan pictures.  It's not like it's hard to scan a picture, it's just a task I don't enjoy.  It's like  pumping gas.  I loathe the whole process of gassing up the car.  And unloading the dishwasher.  Blah.

December 16, 2000.......
10 years ago.......
1 DECADE ago.......
I graduated from the University of Arizona with my Bachelor of Science Degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences.

The College of Science had their private ceremony at a breakfast.  That started at 6:00 AM.  For reals. 
The ceremony with the entire university started later.  Much later, although I don't remember exactly what time.

Michael and I got married 378 days after my graduation.
I don't even remember my grandmother looking like this.  Wow- that hair!  And my grandfather looks so "with it".  He was starting to show real signs of dementia at my wedding a year later.
Kara and I became friends during our last semester at the U of A.  We ended up going to graduate school together, but she was a year ahead of me since I deferred for a year so I could work at the AZ Senate.  She is a speech language pathologist in Reno and mommy to the world's cutest 5-month-old baby, Kaitlin.
If you can find me in the picture I will print a congratulatory certificate for you and mail it to you.  I'm there.  I promise.  Kara, you're exempt from the competition since you are standing next to me and very well may remember where we stood.

15 days after I graduated I moved to the Phoenix area and then 2 days after moving I started my internship with the Senate.  It feels like it could have been 2 or 3 years ago, but definitely not 10.  I can still remember, with some vividness, my alarm going off at 4:30 am to get ready for that damn College of Science breakfast.  I mean really.  Whose idea was it to have a breakfast start at 6 am?  In December.  It's just cruel.

3 comments:

jess said...

i think i see you!! 4th person from the left in that row behind the empty row of chairs? am i right?!
-jess (aka megan's cousin)

Anonymous said...

I also hate pumping gas. If my gas light comes on when I'm driving home from work, I'll think, "I'll just deal with it in the morning because I reallllly don't feel like stopping." Then in the morning, I'll forget I need gas, rush out the door & have the glowing light greet me when I start the car. And then I'm not only late for work, but I STILL never feel like getting it!
-Megan

Maryellen said...

You and Michael were such babies! Crazy! I think I would have skipped the six a.m. breakfast.