Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Little People

I am in love with Fisher Price Little People.  Not because I think they are educational.  Not because I think they are easy to play with.  Not because I just love their body proportions.  No, I love them because I am totally obsessed with Aaron Neville singing the Little People song.  O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D- Obsessed.  When Spencer is watching a Little People DVD in the car (that I gently push him to choose each time) I will turn down the radio just so I can rock out to the cool tunes of Mr. Neville. 

Not familiar with the sweet, sweet sounds of Aaron Neville performing The Little People Song?

Enjoy.  You can thank me later.



You're totally going to be singing that all day. Rock on brothers and sisters.

Want to know my new favorite Christmas Decoration?  The Little People Nativity Set.
I'd like to say that we bought this for Spencer.  We actually do say that we bought it for Spencer.  In reality this was a gift for me.  I mean really.  How can you not just LOVE the multi-cultural wise men?  The sheep that is bigger than Joseph.  The Mexican burro in Bethlehem.  This set has it all.

It's OK if you play the video one more time.

Discovering horses.  And giraffes too.
Discovering me and discovering you.
We're little people with great big plans.
Little people, we've got helping hands.
Little people, we count from one to ten.
Little people, and we'll always be friends.

If I went to an Aaron Neville concert and he sang that song I would throw my bra at him.  OK, I would never do something like that, but I would take my Little People Nativity Set and have him sign it.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Ok, I agree with you that the song is nice but even better are those multi-cultural wise men! And that burro.....I always love me a Mexican burro no matter where he is! Since I don't have any kids yet this thing would be quite a stretch for my Christmas list, but maybe in a couple of years. Until then, keep your bra on Natalie!

Megan said...

I would pay big $$ to see you throw your bra at someone! That would be so unlike you! I have to say I have possibly found the first thing we don't see eye to eye on. I am not a fan of little people. My problem? Their arms don't move...nothing moves. What a boar. Hadley owns no little people maybe I should get her some so that I don't ruin her!

Maryellen said...

I think it's a mommy thing. I lasted 36 seconds. I did try though. :)

I love that you said you would throw your bra at that singer...Neville? My cousin went to a Barry Manilow concert one time and her friend threw her underwear at him.

k and j said...

you are effin' hilarious. period.

Laura said...

Where did you get the little people nativity set? I have the sheep from the barn set but need the rest. I need to start teaching Sara about multi-culturality.

Cat said...

I loved the Little People when I was a kid, but I didn't have a LP DVD.