Thursday, November 4, 2010

Storage

Karen said...
Okay, I love all your holiday decorations for all holidays but the sheer number of these leaves me speechless. Also, I really wonder where you have the space to store all this stuff.

Would you believe me if I told you that I have been storing all of my Fall/Halloween stuff in these two little containers?

No? You don't believe me? Good, that would mean that you are gullible and a little foolish. One might go as far as saying stupid. I try not to be friends with gullible, foolish, and possibly stupid people. It'd be a shame if we had to part ways. I like you very much.

This is what has stored all of my stuff for the last, oh, 4-5 years. 1 big sterilite container and 2 little ones. I decided that this arrangement wasn't working anymore. #1 the lid on the big container breaks a little bit more each year. You can't see it- the broken part is on the other side. #2- why use 2 little containers when you could use 1 medium to large container?1 quick trip to Target (OK, I lied, 2 quick trips to Target) and $11 dollars later- here are my new Fall/Halloween storage bins. I don't think I will even label them, 'cause duh, there aren't going to be pink bunnies in these things. Full disclosure. I don't keep wreaths in here. They have a separate storage container. Yes, it is designed just for wreaths. The scarecrows don't go in there either. They just hang out in the corner of the garage all year. But the biggest thing you need to know is that we have a 3 car garage and several tall shelving units. We pretty much had the same amount of stuff when we had a 2 car garage though, so it probably helps that I got an Associates Degree in Holiday Decoration Theory and Organization from Apollo College.

Did you believe that? Jeesh. Maybe we are truly over.

4 comments:

The GVZs said...

I am jealous of your garage. We have a one car garage that has never once had a car in it.

chelsea said...

You are so funny. I am totally jealous of your decorating skillz. Yep, with a z.

Karen said...

Oooh, I totally love the new Halloween storage containers. So now I am imagining like 6 times that many containers (for all the other holidays) in your previous 2 car garage. Wow. Also, I am super psyched that you did a whole blog post in response to my comment - who knew I had such power!

Maryellen said...

i love that you called us stupid. Well, possibly stupid. i think I am sometimes ;).

I've never seen anyone with such expansive Halloween storage. i'm really impressed. This year for Halloween I had a gummy Halloween scene that I put on the mirror next to our front door. I wonder where I got that idea...